Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality, equitable patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. ASCO offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
Who we are looking for:
ASCO is in search of a highly motivated and enthusiastic Administrative Operations Coordinator to provide top-notch administrative support to the growing Education, Science and Professional Development Department. If you enjoy coordinating logistics, providing administrative and program support, and would like to work with new and exciting technology within a mission-driven organization, then we want to hear from you.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA.
What you will do:
- Provide administrative support to the VP, Division Directors and Directors including scheduling and calendar management, travel logistics coordination, preparing mailings and shipments, and coordination of team meetings including preparing materials
- Contribute to the goals and projects of the department teams including recommending and developing process efficiencies, providing support for the administration of Merit Awards with data collection and organization, conducting online research, proofreading and light editing, and performing other administrative tasks related to compliance with accreditation requirements for the Continuing Education team
- Serve as department onboarding logistics coordinator and liaison to the HR Department and collaborate with the onboarding manager to ensure a welcoming and efficient introduction to our department
- Coordinate logistic arrangements for the Education Council and other committee meetings as requested, communicate necessary plans, prepare communications and materials, oversee audiovisual and facility requirements, provide in-person support, and coordinate travel, housing and conference call grids
- Oversee monthly invoicing process, including providing quality assurance, customer service, and ensure that deadlines are met and tasks are completed; and process expense reports for department leadership and volunteers, permissions for digital education content, stipend checks, and faculty honoraria
- Accurately support department budget development, data entry, monthly expense monitoring, and collaborate with Finance staff as need be
- Support department contracts and maintain and monitor department legal documents in the contracts database as requested, and work effectively with team members and Legal Department staff members
- Understand known customer needs and provide exemplary customer service to our internal and external customers via email and phone and preparation of thank you letters to volunteers
What you will need in order to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of administrative and/or operations experience including scheduling, coordinating logistics, and budgeting and managing expenses
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, and written) including the ability to request/accept/deliver feedback honestly, and build effective relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Openness to adapting to new technology
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with a strong attention to detail and the ability to anticipate needs in advance
- Strong self-management skills with the ability to follow through on tasks and juggle multiple deadlines and recommend process efficiencies
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor and presence including the ability to handle confidential information
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Experience providing administrative support in nonprofits, education, and/or healthcare
- Experience working with tools such as Smartsheet and content management systems
At ASCO, our goal is to foster and encourage a diversity of thought, experience, and background in our workplace. Our organization’s culture is multi-dimensional, and we encourage our employees to leverage their unique perspectives and ideas. ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).