Details: Salary is commensurate with education and experience
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Who We Are Seeking to Join Us
We seek mission driven full-time educators with high expectations for children and the willingness to engage in deep reflection and growth. Our teachers are: persistent, dedicated professionals, who are team players and have a sense of humor. Teachers at La Cima are passionate about the development, learning and success of all children, and relentless about attaining the best outcomes. We seek educators of high personal integrity and character who are committed to social justice, as we believe that we teach who we are.
Spanish Language Arts Teaching Qualifications
● At least two years of teaching experience
● Experience/strength in childhood education
● Masters degree; New York State Teaching Certification (or eligible for reciprocity)
Spanish Language Arts Teacher Responsibilities
● Planning: Adhere to La Cima’s mission and educational philosophy including all curriculum; Maintain and enrich their expertise in the subject area(s) they teach; Develop lesson plans that ensure the attainment of state learning standards and grade level expectations; Effectively plan with grade level teams; Work together with other specialty teachers to create interdisciplinary units of study
● Differentiation: Differentiate instruction to best meet the needs of all students; Provide direct and indirect instruction through engaging, exciting and innovative learning methods; Create long and short-term plans, addressing the needs of individual students
● Assessments: Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g., quizzes, rubrics, written work, performances) that frequently measure student’s progress towards the school’s exit outcomes, including skills and content knowledge; Prepare students for all required assessments; Evaluate students’ progress on an ongoing basis and maintain student records; Track student progress
● Invest Scholars and Families: Create an joyful and engaging classroom environment that encourages students’ positive interactions with other students and grown-ups and mirrors school-wide expectations; Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management consistent with school-wide expectations; Communicate with parents on an ongoing basis, as often as necessary to provide information, learn more about students, and share student successes; Prepare progress reports and participate in family conferences
● Professional Development: Participate in a variety of staff development programs, including summer institute, throughout the year; Participate in developing and meeting the goals of an individualized professional growth plan
● Cultural Adherence: Work collaboratively with grade level and school-wide team to develop a culture of learning, both inside and outside of the classroom; Recognize the importance of living and teaching our core principles everyday; Consistently model a learning orientation for children and colleagues
● Perform other duties to support the ongoing development of La Cima, as deemed appropriate by school leadership
Paid Time Off, Family and Medical Leave, Parental Leave, Medical Insurance, Pension (403B Summary Plan) and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Interested candidates should email a thoughtful cover letter and current resume to: teach@LaCimaCharterSchool.org.
You may also apply directly through our website www.lacimacharterschool.org/careers.htm
Although email is the preferred method, hard copies may be faxed to (718) 443-7291 or to:
La Cima Elementary Charter School - Attn.: Kaila McNair, Recruitment Manager
800 Gates Avenue, 3rd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11221
La Cima is an equal opportunity employer.