Details: Salary commensurate with education, experience, and job performance.
1840 West Broad Street
Virginia Community Development Corporation Overview:
Virginia Community Development Corporation (VCDC) is a not for profit manager of equity investments in affordable housing development. VCDC’s primary activity is to raise private equity investments from corporations and invest it on their behalf in real estate partnerships that meet their investment criteria and provide high quality affordable housing for lower income persons and families in communities throughout Virginia and adjacent states. VCDC is also responsible for oversight and ongoing reporting to its investors over the life of the investment (often up to 17 years). In this role, VCDC is often called on to provide technical assistance and other services to its various partners and is committed to empowering locally-based organizations to succeed in meeting their local housing needs.
VCDC has an important need to collect, maintain and quickly access key information about past and current investments, development partners (i.e., project sponsors), and all properties either under construction or in operation. The Financial Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the Director of Equity Funds in coordinating all aspects of VCDC’s equity fund program including managing the financial performance of the funds and investor reporting and maintaining and refining VCDC’s database management system. The Financial Data Analyst also supports the analytical and data needs of all of the VCDC teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Database Management System
- Responsible for management of VCDC’s SQL database
- Keep database up-to-date with project-level and fund-level information
- Maintain current, and design new, queries, forms, and reports as necessary
- Respond to internal and external data requests
- Proactively research and implement new processes and systems to improve the data management and dissemination of the organization
- Identify, analyze and and address data quality gaps and discrepancies to ensure data integrity
- Work with VCDC departments to identify areas of improvement in the processes and ways in which the organization stores, accesses and leverages their data
- Work with VCDC departments to develop and design informational reports
- Ensure current database is adequately maintained
- Review and recommend database solutions, including new systems
Supporting the Director of Equity Funds with fund management, including:
- Participating in investor reporting by providing quarterly investor benefits schedules and reviewing final reports
- Supporting the review and updating the timing of investor draws
- Maintaining the tracking of:
o Total investment, total drawn to date, and remaining investor obligations
o Fund obligations to properties, bridge interest, fees, and expenses
New Fund Development
- Work with the Investor Relations team to update presentations and marketing materials with most up-to-date fund and project quarterly information
- Assist with the development of responses to investor questions
- Assist in the research and analysis of prospective investors’ strategies for meeting obligations under the Community Reinvestment Act
Project Acquisition and Development
- Assist in the underwriting of Low Income Housing Tax Credit and Historic Tax credit properties by providing historical cost and portfolio performance data from the database
- Assist the Development Team by providing analytical support in the preparation of Project Investor Summaries for investor committee presentations.
Other duties could include:
- Supporting Innovation and Risk Management Team to identify strategic interests and organizational risks.
- Support Communications and Brand Development Team to consistently and intentionally promote VCDC’s values to internal and external audiences to strengthen and reinforce the VCDC image.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of six years of experience in full-time data management with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, including writing queries and reporting
- Experience with SSRS, including MS Visual Studio, report creation with multiple parameters
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Access, including creation of forms, queries, reports and VBA programming
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and a solid understanding of structured databases
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business Administration desired, (Masters Degree preferred) or extensive relevant work experience beyond minimum requirements with progressively increasing levels of responsibility in lieu of formal education
- Experience with MS Power BI, Tableau and SharePoint a plus
- Experience in real estate, banking or investment industries a plus
Competitive benefits package includes Health, Dental, Life, Disability, and retirement programs.
Minimum Education Required