Safe Horizon recognizes that families who have experienced intimate partner violence may want to or need to stay in contact with the person causing harm in the family. The Family Focused Program (FFP) was designed to engage family members with support to assist in healing and explore ways for families to maintain contact where safe to do so. In this model, all participating members of the family are considered clients (survivor, person causing harm, and their children).
Essential Job Functions:
The Clinical Supervisor provides direct supervision to a team of Case planners and Clinicians to provide an array of services to survivors of domestic violence, their children and the person causing harm (separately).
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Working in close partnership with the team of Family Support Team (including Case Planners, Clinicians, and Parent Coaches) and ACS to coordinate service provision for children and families impacted by, domestic violence;
- Assist the Clinical Director in developing and enhancing preventive and trauma intervention services;
- Work with Case Planner to develop treatment goals with clients and strategize how to support clients in achieving goals
- Facilitate and support clients in family team conferences
- Review and approve Family Assessment and Service Plan
- Administer trauma screenings and trauma assessments to children, survivors of domestic violence and/or persons causing harm in intimate partner relationships; when appropriate
- Conduct home visits with clients and their families, when appropriate.
- Ensure staffs’ timely and accurate entry of data into required data systems;
- Review staff documentation of all relevant client information and timely documentation of supervisory notes
- Attend training relevant to position, including learning and consultation on evidence-based treatment models
- Coach and develop staff’s practice skills in accordance to Safe Horizon’s client centered, trauma informed, anti-racist approach
- Actively participate in individual and group supervision; including conducting individual and group supervision for direct reports, in accordance with Safe Horizon’s quality supervision plan
- Prepare for and facilitate regularly scheduled FFP team case review meetings about new and on-going cases;
- Maintain open communication with supervisors and team members
- Collaborate with other service providers internally and externally as needed
- Implement strategies for addressing personal and staff vicarious trauma
- Complete performance reviews for all direct reports in a timely manner that identify staff strengths, areas for growth and professional development commitments
Supervises: Case Planners and Clinicians
- Sensitivity towards and understanding of victimization, especially the experience of survivors of domestic violence and all members of their families including the person causing harm in the family;·
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ·
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be assertive and well organized;·
- Ability to work under pressure in a calm and reassuring manner;
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and also work on a team with an appreciation of different points of view
- Ability to work evenings as needed and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An advanced degree (MSW) or related field and two years of supervisory experience in social service and/or clinical supervision
- Prior experience working with children and families impacted by domestic violence, abuse and/or trauma
- Experience working with family involved in child welfare
- Provide some on-call support
- Basic understanding of computer and systems for managing case records
- Bilingual Spanish/English fluency
- Experience with family therapy or individual therapy preferred with survivors of domestic violence or persons causing harm in a trauma-informed setting;
- Knowledge of the New York City domestic violence service system, public benefits, child welfare, housing system and other social services.
All prospective job candidates must meet screening requirements, which may include a background check, credit check, finger printing and State Central Registry clearance.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information: