Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We are seeking mission-driven licensed social workers for senior- and entry-level Client Care Coordinators positions in our transitional family housing facilities. The Client Care Coordinator is responsible for the overall delivery and coordination of mental health and related services for homeless families. The Client Care Coordinator will enhance existing services to include a thorough assessment of families’ long-term goals at intake and collaborate with the case management staff to set achievable goals and establish linkages within the community to ensure the family’s success. Openings are available at our transitional family housing in North Bronx, South Bronx, or Jamaica, Queens.
- Promote and model best practice for shelter social services staff
- Improve linkages to mental health and community based services
- Strengthen the overall permanency outcomes for families with children in shelter.
- Ensure focus on effective social services delivery to clients, including integration of models and best practices (such as trauma informed and family centered care)
- Monitor, lead and coordinate social service support including appropriate and timely interventions
- The completion of biopsychosocial assessments
- Manage record keeping, data collection, and evaluation on the effectiveness of services for families
- Must have a Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work
- Must be a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) in the state of New York upon hire or within three (3) months of hire
- Should have familiarity with substance use disorders and addiction treatment services, domestic violence, child abuse and maltreatment, trauma, and mental health conditions
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development, emotional/behavioral health, parent-child relationships, family dynamics, and diagnostic classification
- Expertise in strengths-based, solution-focused, and family-centered practice
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Please follow the link to make an ADP account and apply for the Client Care Coordinator position in your location of choice: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required