Executive Assistant for University Development
- Job posted by Columbia University, Office of Alumni and Development
Details: Commensurate with experience
622 West 113th Street
MC4520 7th Floor
Reporting to the University Development team, the individual in this role will assume responsibility for the overall office management and executive level support for the University Development team, as a whole and other staff within the department as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Managing an extensive calendar for the University Development team; balancing travel and on-campus engagements, preparing briefs, agendas and all related correspondence.
· Responsible for all travel arrangements, preparation and communication of itinerary for the team and other Columbia colleagues, as necessary.
· Maintaining University Development gift inventory and be responsible for selecting and shipping prospect gifts for specific trips; author, edit and proofread correspondence.
· Data entry into the Advance database as well as the management of gift proposals and tasks; maintain and add to the University Development archive; conducting research for reports with analysis; complete travel reimbursements.
· Provide logistical support for the fundraisers during travel and problem-solve issues in the office during the extended travel of the team.
· Plan and implement events; write relevant correspondence; provide research on individuals and companies.
· Create systems and spreadsheets to assist in management of donor regions; interface with donors, faculty, senior officers and staff on a daily basis.
· Complete detailed expense reports for the team and Senior Administration, as needed. Perform related duties as required.
· Interface on a consistent basis with senior University officials and faculty. In collaboration with other senior staff of the Office of Alumni and Development team.
· Participate in the implementation, planning and coordination of special events as assigned.
· Special projects, strategic initiatives teamwork and related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Minimum of two (2) years' related experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Willingness to work flexible hours is required. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required. Strong interpersonal skills, with attention to detail and ability to handle confidential information with excellent judgment and discretion required. Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work with diplomacy and efficiency in a high demand environment essential. Familiarity with fundraising and the desire to advance in development is strongly preferred. Familiarity with overseas travel desirable.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Medical and dental coverage, tuition exemption, retirement contributions and more.
Minimum Education Required