Teach in NYC. 1 application, over 40 great schools! (Apply by September 26th)
- Job posted by TNTP Teaching Fellows
Details: Competitive salary plus benefits
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools is a consortium of non-profit charter schools working to bring great teachers to kids and communities across New York City. We are currently seeking candidates for positions that have not yet been filled for the 2018-2019 school year. Successful candidates must be willing and able to attend 2 in-person hiring prep workshops, and a culminating in-person hiring fair with our partner schools, in New York City in October 2018 in anticipation of filling mid-year vacancies as early as November 2018. The deadline to apply is September 26th, though applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
Our Hiring Process
Successful candidates applying to the Teachers for NYC Charter Schools program should expect to participate in the following steps:
1. Submit your initial application to the Teachers for NYC Charter Schools program. This application includes your basic background, contact, and educational information, your resume, and written responses to four (4) short answer prompts.
2. If invited to the next stage, you will complete a recorded video interview. We will provide you with several short answer prompts for you to respond to in your video.
3. Once enrolled in our program, you will be required to attend two (2) in-person workshops in NYC designed to prepare you for the culminating hiring fair with our partner schools. Workshops are tentatively scheduled for October 6th and 13th and the hiring fair will be held on October 13th, immediately following the close of the second workshop.
4. At the hiring fair, you be prepared to market yourself to our partner schools and tell them why you are the best candidate for their open position(s). You will participate in on-the-spot interviews or schedule interviews with school hiring teams during the hiring fair.
5. It is ultimately up to our partner schools to make final hiring decisions after interviewing candidates.
Who We Are
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools was created by TNTP, a national non-profit with 20 years of experience recruiting great teachers for urban schools. We help talented teaching candidates find a school that fits their skills and career goals--and we give them a leg up in the hiring process. While we cannot guarantee placement for our candidates, we are able to connect you to our 15 partner charter school networks through one common application. We offer personalized resume advice, pre-interview preparations and provide you with a point of contact during the hiring process to help you successfully market yourself to our partner schools.
Who You Are
We are looking for teachers who:
· Believe that all students are capable of high academic achievement.
· Bring a diversity of backgrounds and life experiences to the classroom.
· Prioritize building deep, authentic relationships with students and families.
· Embrace growth.
We're looking for educators in a variety of subject areas who share our commitment to give all NYC students a challenging and engaging education.
Qualifications and Eligibility
In addition to the above, we are looking for candidates who will be authorized and available to work in New York City beginning immediately. For us to review your application, you must:
· Have earned a Bachelor's degree by July 1, 2018
· Currently in the New York City area
How to Apply
To apply for a teaching position through Teachers for NYC Charters, you only need to submit one application. After our thorough screening process, your application will be given priority consideration by hiring managers at all consortium members' schools.
If you are committed to giving students a life-changing education, we want to meet you!
For immediate consideration, apply by September 26: https://nyccharters.TeacherTrack2.org/r/33f8c630-98f8-4cdd-ae64-a89500089cbb. For more information on our program and our partner schools, please visit http://teachersfornyccharters.org/.
Teachers for NYC Charter Schools does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required