1038 Post Street
The Community Youth Center of San Francisco (CYC) provides education, leadership development, behavioral health, intervention, street outreach, and workforce development services to youth and their families in the community of San Francisco. CYC envisions empowering young people to reach their highest potential as individuals and to develop a positive self/cultural identity. Our mission is to empower and strengthen high-need Asian youth and their families by providing comprehensive youth development through education, employment training, advocacy, and other support service.
Title: Program Leader (Beacon)
Salary: $16-$19/Hour, 20-22 Hours/Week
Reports to: Beacon Director / Site Coordinator
Status: Part Time, Non Exempt
Under the supervision of the Beacon Director and Site Coordinator, the Program Leader is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing a variety of academic and enrichment activities targeting middle school youth at the CYC Aptos Beacon Center. This includes designing curriculum and activities which incorporates skill building and project based learning that are fun and engaging for youth.
We are looking for multiple staff to teach one or more of the following specialized activities:
- STEAM (i.e. coding, 3D printing, game design, robotics, video/music production, etc.)
- Arts (i.e. painting, drawing, crafting, etc.)
- Mixed Sports (i.e. soccer, basketball, flag football, etc.)
- Performing Arts (i.e. drama, voice, dance, backstage tech, etc.)
- Cooking, Gardening, Cultural Arts and Exploration
- Academic Tutoring
- Career & College Awareness
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, and oversee a variety of skill building and project based learning activities for middle school aged youth.
- Provide academic tutoring and assist students with their daily homework as needed.
- Establish and maintain a positive and safe learning environment for program participants including assisting with classroom and behavior management, resolving and mediating conflicts using restorative practices, handling emergencies and injuries, etc.
- Create marketing strategies and promotional materials to recruit and retain youth in afterschool programs.
- Collaborate with school and Beacon staff to coordinate cultural celebrations and culminating events that builds community and celebrates youth accomplishments.
- Work with school faculty and parents/guardians to maintain a high level of communication and positive relationships/climate between school, beacon and families.
- Assist with data collection and produce programmatic reports as requested.
- Assist with administering and collecting evaluation data as required by funders and for continuous program improvement.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attend on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of all shared program spaces.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree preferred but must have completed a minimum of 48 college units or passed an Instructional Aide Exam.
- Knowledge of youth development practices and one or more years experience planning and facilitating enrichment activities for youth.
- Experience in classroom management, conflict mediation, and restorative practices a plus.
- Experience working with ethnically diverse youth and families who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events a plus.
- Ability to develop, implement, and organize programs and special events.
- Possess good organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Capacity to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict programmatic deadlines.
- Good technology skills (familiar with Google docs & sheets, MS Office, etc.)
- Ability to model to staff and participants: professionalism, personal responsibility, a strong work ethic and positive character.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
- Able to lift or move at least 25lbs.
- Ability to pass TB health clearance and fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and FBI.
Please submit cover letter and resume to CYC Main Office via email.
Attn: Beacon Program Leader
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Cantonese/Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog is preferred.
Minimum Education Required