Details: This is a year-round, full-time position paid at an hourly rate between $14-19 depending on the candidate’s skill and experience.
1055 Wilshire Blvd.
The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools in a non-profit organization created in 2007 to transform historically under-served schools and serve as a scalable transformation model for Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), the State of California, and the nation. The Partnership dramatically accelerates achievement for students in the district’s highest-need schools by operating a network of 19 schools (15,000-student enrollment) in Boyle Heights, South LA, and Watts. The Partnership is one of the largest public school turnaround initiatives in the nation. Over their first seven years, Partnership schools have more than doubled their four-year graduation rate from 36% to 81% and have made gains every year on math and literacy assessments. The Partnership has also been a critical partner to LAUSD as an advocate for better policies and programs for high-need schools across the district. To learn more about the Partnership, please visit our website at www.PartnershipLA.org.
The Partnership for Los Angeles Schools’ (Partnership) Operations Associate is responsible for providing administrative support to the Operations team, but with touch points throughout the organization and the network, balancing a large number of work streams in a fast-paced environment.
The Operations Associate executes the day-to-day tasks that make the organization run smoothly and efficiently. Guided by the Partnership’s mission, the Operations Associate is highly service-oriented and continuously seeks opportunities to improve existing procedures to improve the office environment and to maximize efficiency. Because the Operations Associate serves as a loop-closer for the Operations team and as a hub of information for the organization, she/he must be extremely organized, flexible, and able to communicate effectively when issues and competing priorities arise.
The Operations Associate’s key duties and responsibilities include the following areas:
Office Management and Front Desk
- Greet all visitors (e.g. stakeholders, deliveries, job candidates, funders), route calls, and distribute mail
- Serve as liaison to landlord, parking company, and security, fielding requests to and from
- Organize and maintain the general appearance of the office
- Track and maintain inventory of common office supplies (e.g. paper, postage, food supplies) and individual supplies (e.g. business cards, IDs, nameplates)
- Provide general support for guests and the team (e.g. WiFi login, projectors, restroom keys, parking validations)
- Order and maintain inventory of general office supplies
- Maintain general appearance and oversight of the Partnership office
Finance & Business Affairs Support
- Accounts Receivable/Payable: deposit donation checks, process outgoing check request batches, mail/drop off payments
- Financial Controls: gather and enter timesheets for non-exempt staff, and ensure payroll entries are accurate and complete; remind, provide training for, and provide guidance to staff to submit full accounting backup
- HR: manage logistics of staff transitions during onboarding and offboarding
Knowledge Management System and Document Control
- Create and maintain organization-wide documents and databases including Outlook distribution lists, the staff contact list, and work calendar
- Gather and review annual reporting for accuracy and timely submission (e.g. Form 700, Conflict of Interest Disclosure)
- Route documents for approval and signature and ensure files are complete
- Support interview logistics including but not limited to scheduling, signage, travel arrangements, preparing interview rooms and material, and maintaining supply inventory
- Scanning hard copy documents from interview processes into electronic files
- Execute document retention policy for human resources files
- Support recruitment efforts by calling and screening candidates
- Provide first-line support for shared technological resources such as printers, escalating service tickets to vendors as needed
- Provide basic hardware and software troubleshooting and training
- Track and maintain inventory of capitalized equipment (e.g. server, printers, laptops) and peripherals (e.g. printer cartridges, power cords, batteries), assigning upon hire and recirculating upon separation of staff
Other duties as assigned by the Chief Strategy and Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree
- 1-3 years of experience in an educational or professional setting
- Experience in an office management role and/or an educational nonprofit or classroom setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; adaptable when managing multiple, shifting priorities; ease at managing competing demands and determining priorities independently
- Proven ability to execute effectively against strategy and exceed goals consistently
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and limited direction
- Outstanding quantitative analysis skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate complex ideas simply and succinctly
- Strong computer and technology skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with other experienced professionals, teachers, parents, students, Board members and other stakeholders
- Ability to maintain discretion regarding confidential matters
- Strong belief in the Partnership’s mission, approach, and core values
- The mindset of a reflective, lifelong learner
The Partnership offers a competitive benefits package including health, vision, and dental insurance and a 403(b) retirement program.
Minimum Education Required