ABOUT THE POSITION: The Counselor is responsible for milieu management while engaging clients in a direct social service program. Time is divided among direct service, operations, and administrative responsibilities to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the program. Duties include client engagement, intake, assessment, advocacy, information and referral, problem solving and crisis intervention, in addition to meal preparation, laundry, and light janitorial assignments. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· An Associate’s degree is strongly desired, Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work or related field. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
· A minimum of 1-year experience in customer service, required.
· At least 1-year experience in human services (work and/or volunteer), desired.
· Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, chemical dependency, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
· Experience working with clients with English as a second language or where there is limited English speaking ability.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please follow the link provided and complete an online application.