- Reports to: Campaign Director, War Room
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: CAP Action War Room
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress is seeking a highly motivated and organized professional with a strong advocacy and organizing background to serve as the Campaign Manager for the Center for American Progress Action Fund. CAP Action is an independent, nonpartisan education and advocacy organization dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas, stories, and action. CAP Action animates the stakes of political and policy debates by driving new analysis, messaging, and personal stories of key issues that demonstrate the value of progressive solutions and quantify the true cost of conservative policies.
- Supports with developing and executing advocacy campaigns promoting progressive policy narratives as well as advancing accountability campaigns.
- Collaborates with Communications, Digital Strategy, Story Bank, and research teams to develop and distribute advocacy materials and key messaging, including issue analyses, fact sheets, talking points, video content, and campaign strategies.
- Participates in planning and executing substantive events, briefings, and meetings with legislators, political candidates, and partners.
- Represents CAP Action in partnerships and coalitions with national and state-level organizations as well as manages partner relationships and communication.
- Engages political candidates and elected officials in strategic messaging and advocacy activities.
- Tracks and analyzes the performance of CAP Action activities and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least four years of work experience in campaigns, advocacy, or related fields is preferred.
- Experience working on state or local elections is required.
- Experience engaging legislators, political candidates, and media outlets is required.
- A proven track record of project management and engaging allies.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with state, local, and national partners.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The ability to multitask and set priorities under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team and across organizations.
- Highly creative, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.