Details: TPF will pay a salary that is competitive in the nonprofit market and is commensurate with experience.
320 West 37th Street
The People’s Forum is a new non-profit in New York City that will serve as resource for, and will collaborate with, community members and organizations in advancing the struggles of the poor and dispossessed. The People’s Forum is located in midtown Manhattan and is scheduled to open in the Fall of 2018.
The People’s Forum is committed to serving as a movement incubator for working class and marginalized communities with the goal of building unity across historic lines of division at home and abroad. We are an accessible educational and cultural space that nurtures the next generation of visionaries and organizers who believe that through collective action a new world is possible.
We are seeking an addition to our team that will help run the organization, implement the Board of Directors’ and Executive Director’s strategic vision, supervise staff, and manage the day-to-day operations of TPF. This is a Full Time, salaried position that will report to the Executive Director.
· Oversee all aspects of Human Resources, particularly ensuring a happy and healthy work environment
· Manage payroll and the day-to-day financials for the organization
· Be responsive to the needs of the Executive Director and TPF’s Board of Directors
· Cultivate new and existing relationships with TPF member organizations and allies
· Assist with the facility’s calendar management and scheduling of events, courses and activities
· Support the coordination of TPF events
· Draft, proofread, and/or edit a range of written materials including, but not limited to, grant proposals, publications, reports, program documents, organization policies, and presentations to the TPF Board of Directors, member organizations and others;
· Maintain communication with stakeholders (e.g. donor and constituent lists), handle staff questions and problems
· Manage volunteers and interns
· Input and manage data in our database
· Work collaboratively with Facilities Manager to ensure efficient running of the facility
The People’s Forum is an equal opportunity employer and expressly prohibits any form of discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We provide excellent benefits including options for fully-paid medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, as well as 401(k) savings option, and paid time off. Additionally, our employees have access to events and classes hosted at The People’s Forum as well discounted coffee and goods at our Cafe.
Level of Language Proficiency
Skills & Experience & Educational Requirements
● 5 or more years of experience in managing a company or nonprofit organization and ensuring regulatory compliance
● 5 or more years of experience managing budgets and the sound fiscal health of a company or nonprofit organization
● 5 or more years of experience managing a large and diverse staff
● Excellent research, writing and oral communication skills
● Strong problem-solving skills
● Masterful organizational, project management skills and multitasking abilities with an attention to detail
● Energetic team player possessing a “roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed” kind of humility.
● Self-disciplined and solid deliberation skills
● Experience with Contact Relationship Management (CRM) software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite, Quickbooks and other standard office software and systems.
● Bachelor’s Degree
● At least 3-5 years professional experience in community organizing or other area of work relevant to the job
● A demonstrated commitment to social justice organizing and knowledge of the struggles of working class and marginalized communities in the US and abroad.
Minimum Education Required