Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a Development and Communications Manager to join our Senior Center of West Seattle Team.
Details at a glance:
The Development and Communications Manager will:
Plan, organize, and manage fundraising activities at the Senior Center of West Seattle including: the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, special events and corporate giving. Develop and manage communications for members, donors and other related audiences. In partnership with the Senior Center Team, oversee the Senior Center Membership program.
· In partnership with the Senior Center Director, develop and implement a strategic and measurable annual fundraising plan including individual, corporate and foundation strategies.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to cultivate and steward donations through a variety of activities including: personal solicitation, online giving, direct mail, workplace giving and other fundraising approaches.
· In partnership with Senior Center Director and Board of Directors identify, cultivate and steward new and existing individual donors.
· Create, organize and lead fundraising and donor cultivation events including: individual donor drives, online giving campaigns, small fundraising events, the Annual Breakfast and Rainbow Bingo events in-person and virtually.
· Build and cultivate long-term relationships with current and prospective corporate funders to deepen their investment in the Senior Center’s mission.
· Regularly monitor and evaluate progress toward goals and recommend new fundraising directions and provide progress reports on fundraising efforts to staff and board.
· Provide staff leadership to the Board Fundraising and Ambassador Committees.
· Collaborate with the Senior Center Director and other staff to ensure production of communications materials both print and online. Manage social media posts, website updates and e-news publications with direction from Communications Consultant.
· Ensure the maintenance and integrity of high-quality donor data in the donor database, including oversight of consistent coding and timely thank you process. Manage fundraising software for online donations and virtual events.
· Develop a relationship management process for current planned giving donors and their families through a Legacy Giving Circle and implement a formal planned giving program.
· Oversee the Senior Center Membership Program. In partnership with Senior Center staff, ensure the program is designed to provide a good experience for members.
· Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other forms of oppression.
· Assume and effectively discharge other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· BA/BS in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication or related field required. Four (4) years' of directly related experience may be substituted for the degree.
· Minimum of Three (3) years’ experience in fundraising development operations.
· Demonstrated experience developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising strategies, cultivating and stewarding donor relationships using current trends on charitable giving and fundraising best practices.
· Demonstrated experience in written communications such as: writing solicitation letters,
and creating event materials.
Skills & Abilities
· Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients, staff, volunteers, and persons utilizing the same facilities and with social and governmental agencies and other organizations serving older adults.
· Ability to manage deadlines and produce quality results with organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to present information in front of large groups of people.
· Excellent computer skills required in: MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Internet, Adobe Suite, Web Authoring software, Salesforce, Raiser's Edge, or other similar software.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; In-person, email, phone, and virtual.
· Ability to work as a team member and promote a collaborative work environment AND
work independently and autonomously make decisions.
· Valid Washington Driver’s License and access to an insured vehicle.
· Demonstrate skills that promote equity and inclusion in a culturally diverse environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sound Generations values a diverse workforce. It’s the policy of Sound Generations to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
There are no limitations to who’s a best fit to serve our local communities. If we call you for an interview and you need specific accommodations, please let us know! We’re happy to make the arrangements. We’ll need to know ten (10) days in advance to make sure we get you situated.
For best results, please call our Human Resources department at 206.727.6240. You’re also welcome to mail your request to Human Resources.
How to Apply
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/
To be considered, please submit your Cover Letter and Resume.
Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey…
Full Benefits including:
Full Benefits including: