DREAM (formerly known as DREAM Charter School and Harlem RBI), is an innovative educational and youth development organization, serving over 2,500 East Harlem and South Bronx youth by providing free, high-quality summer and after-school programs to youth ages 5-22 years in an intensive multi-year commitment that connects youth and families to age-appropriate programs and passionate professional staff over time.
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer and managing a team of recruiters, the Director of Recruitment and Selection will develop a cohesive and best-of-sector strategy and vision, informed by research, for recruiting teachers, leaders, part-time staff, volunteers, teaching fellows, and the home office staff. This position is responsible for building and maintaining pipelines for talent, and creating an exceptional candidate experience. This role will ensure effective systems for investing and retaining top talent throughout the candidate lifecycle are implemented and monitored, and will partner with various stakeholders across the organization to create new pathways to attract talented and passionate educators.
Like all DREAM employees, the Director of Recruitment and Selection should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM Charter School and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage the recruitment team to meet DREAM’s growing talent needs;
- Uphold DREAM’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace by applying and training on culturally competent, diversity-minded, and unbiased approaches to recruitment practices;
- Design and implement annual recruitment plans and oversee the recruitment and selection of all roles;
- Collaborate with other members on the team to drive strategy for part-time staff, volunteer roles, and a newly founded teaching fellowship that seeks to attract candidates from the communities DREAM serves;
- Direct team on meeting aggressive deadlines for all open positions while ensuring top-of-the-line customer service to all potential employees and internal stakeholders;
- Ensure that recruitment systems and technology are state-of-the-art and constantly improved, including systems for tracking, scheduling, screening, interviewing, monitoring, and cultivating potential applicants to identify the best prospects;
- Identify, build, and maintain relationships internally and externally with partners and individuals with the goal of attracting high-caliber candidates;
- In collaboration with our communications team, create and lead an omni-channel marketing plan that leverages DREAM’s brand and current talent as well as advertising to attract top talent;
- Manage external recruitment partners, as needed;Manage and oversee the successful maintenance of the applicant tracking system, and the digital interview platform;
- Evaluate applicant fit for DREAM by screening resumes, conducting phone screens and reference checks;
- Lead senior searches, as necessary;
- Provide support to the Chief Talent Officer with the implementation of crucial organizational processes;
- Take on other responsibilities, as necessary;
- Bachelor’s degree, required; Master’s degree in a related field, a plus;
- Management experience preferred; Previous recruitment and hiring experience for a school or other education focused program preferred;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence and build strong relationships to enhance work practices and support the achievement of goals;
- High energy individual with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strategic mindset for executing an outreach campaign to prospective hires and prospective partners;
- Superior analytical skills and ability to create and execute systems;
- Ability to lead and take initiative, maintain flexibility, and creatively solve problems;
- Deep embodiment of DREAM’s organizational values of teamwork, diversity, integrity and fun.
Hours and Compensation:
- Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed.
- Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403(B) retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.