In California, 55% of our Rocketeers are emerging bilingual students. Our vision is to support students in making steady progress toward English language proficiency, grade level standards, and ultimately biliteracy. The Manager of Multilingual Learner programs will directly support schools in creating an equitable learning experience, that centers access, asset based teaching, and community partnership. This position provides leadership with the implementation of Rocketship’s multilingual learner program, by managing all steps of the Rocketeer’s “Path to Proficiency” and building the capacity of school teams to effectively support multilingual students and families.
The Los Dichos Manager will report to the Associate Director of Humanities.
- School Support
- Provide direct support to assigned schools for effective implementation of the multilingual learner program
- Coordinate instructional walkthroughs with school leaders of assigned clusters, to analyze key data points, observe English language development, and identify priority next steps.
- Assist school leaders with personalizing and preparing PD sessions from the Multilingual Program PD Library.
- Monitor completion of Multilingual Learner coursework and training.
- Path to Proficiency
- Coordinate the reclassification process with schools and families.
- Monitors reclassified students to ensure they sustain meeting grade level standards.
- Curriculum Development
- Customize designated English language development lessons (DELD) aligned to each unit, using the Rocketship Lesson Plan framework.
- Customize resources to support integrated English language development (IELD) across the curriculum and content areas.
- Utilize videos for the ELD Exemplar Video Library to provide customized development experiences to staff at assigned school site(s).
- Support assigned schools with staying up to date with all actions on the Multilingual Compliance Dashboard, to ensure that schools meet or exceed federal, state, and local requirements for multilingual learners.
- Monitor completion of essential communication with families, including but not limited to: parent notification letters, student score reports, and progress reports.
- Assist the school leader team with conducting internal audits and resolving any findings.
- Parent Partnership
- Supports and participates in the Los Dichos, our parent led program that teaches multicultural and multilingual lessons to students throughout the school year.
- State and Local Policies
- Stay up to date on all education policies related to multilingual learners, by attending relevant workshops and trainings by the state and local education agencies to inform work and stay up to date on education policies.
- Minimum 5 years of education and/or relevant experience
- 2 years of experience managing staff, managing volunteers, or otherwise influencing and coordinating groups of people
- Strong understand of sound practices for multilingual learner programs and English language development
- Passion for Rocketship mission and commitment to educational equity and parent partnership
- Exceptional professionalism and judgement and ability to navigate conflict and manage confidential information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to turn policies and ideas into clear communication in multiple formats.
- Experience designing and implementing policies with a focus on equity and transparency
- Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful.
- Strong PC-based computer skills, including the ability to use spreadsheets and the Google Suite.
- Bilingual Preferred - Spanish/English