DEVELOPMENT & PROJECT COORDINATOR/EVENTS MANAGER POSITION
- Job posted by Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
2025 M Street, NW
APIASF is seeking a self-starter interested in an entry-level role in project management and administrative support for the Development Department. Under the supervision of the VP of Development and External Relations, this position will support the planning and execution of the organization’s special events including the APIASF Jump Start College Tours, Higher Education Summit and Scholarship Benefit. Experience with outreach and marketing, special events, social media, and ability to manage data compilation and reporting is a must.
- Assist with the preparations for the APIASF Jump Start College Tour events, the annual Higher Education Summit and Scholarship Benefit Event
- Research local contacts and create guest lists
- Help identify appropriate venues and venders for program production
- Contribute to program planning discussions
- Develop agendas and run-of-show
- Initiate and maintain project timelines
- Create registration sites using platforms such as Constant Contact
- Manage RSVP lists and follow up with registrants
- Coordinate event materials including gift bag items from donors
- Prepare meeting minutes
- Provide regular updates on event progress to management team
- Provide on-site assistance as needed such as set up and breakdown including attending to AV requirements, etc.
- Develop collateral items such as signage, participant packets, and distribute materials on the day of the events
- Manage registration and volunteers in collaboration with internal and external teams
- Manage all aspects of logistics including packing and shipping materials
Day-to-Day Development Admin Activities
- Entering, scanning, and filing and adding new records to various database platforms
- Create and track invoices in coordination with the Finance Dept.
- Individual Giving
- Donor Packets
- Holiday Cards
- Volunteer Reader Acknowledgements
- Research Reports
Presentations/decks (i.e. gathering images, creating pie charts, etc.)
- Generate acknowledgment letters to various supporters on demand
- Manage monthly electronic email and other electronic communications
- Develop social media content and monitor accounts
- Prospect research of potential partners and funders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years of event planning experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong writing and copyediting skills a must
- Experience with social media platforms including blogging, Facebook and Twitter
- Experience with Constant Contact or other email system a plus
- Event planning experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communications and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of Social Return on Investment and an ability to articulate the organization’s relevance and value to all current and prospective donors.
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and be knowledgeable about diverse communities and issues in higher education.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and creativity skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and in team settings
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite required; experience with database programs strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications, salary requirements and a resume with three professional references to:
Ms. Elena Anderson
VP of Finance and Operations
Asian & Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund
2025 M Street NW, Suite 610, Washington DC, 20036
Review of applications will be on a rolling basis and continue until position is filled. No phone calls please.