The Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA (AAWL & SPCA) – the largest and oldest no-kill shelter in Arizona – is seeking Practice Manager who plans, organizes and directs all day-to-day activities at two on-site clinics – our AAWL Shelter Clinic (serving homeless pets) and low-cost MD PetCare Clinic (serving our local community). The Practice Manager will serve as an integral part of our medical team, possessing both strong business acumen and people management skills. The Practice Manager will be responsible for establishing daily processes for greater clinic efficiency and facilitating improvements to help meet medical clinic goals. Duties include: hiring, onboarding, mentoring and supervising clinic staff, overseeing the use of practice software to ensure proper accounting and record-keeping of both client records and grant funds, managing the Clinic/MDPetCare budgets, and monitoring medical-related performance indicators to assess how we’re saving animals’ lives, operationalizing values and creating a positive workplace culture.
We are looking for Practice Manager who is a strong communicator who thrives on building strong, collaborative teams. Key attributes include having a learning mindset, being solutions oriented, maintaining humility, and fostering positive and actionable feedback to staff. In addition, a successful Practice Manager will have experience implementing strategic plans, holding people accountable and developing or updating processes.
The Practice Manager reports to the Medical Director and works full-time. This is an exempt position. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. M-F, with one Saturday per month for our vaccine clinic.
· Plans and organizes all personnel activities, including developing and updating job descriptions, hiring/orientation/onboarding/training staff and coordinating regular performance reviews.
· In consultation with Medical Director, sets and periodically reviews salaries and benefits.
· Ensures proper training of staff and team building for all staff.
· Works with Medical Director to take an active role in practice staff meetings, promoting teamwork and cross-departmental collaboration.
· Resolves problems related to the facility and resolves client concerns or interpersonal staff issues.
· Ensures proper procedures are in place for animal handling, disease control, and patient care.
· Ensures Standard Operating Procedures are followed and updated as needed.
· Ensures both clinics have proper working equipment and supplies and that they’re in compliance of all regulations and codes.
· Works with the Finance Director and Medical Director to prepare budgets and monthly financial statements.
· Ensures complete and accurate records exist for all patients, including rabies certificates, go-home paperwork, and medical records.
· Manages booking schedule through software and ensures proper number of animals are booked daily. Develops a plan for dealing with no shows.
· Supervises usage of practice software (Pet Point and Hippo) to ensure that client/patient records are entered consistently and correctly.
· Monitors and reports on accounts payable and receivable, and ensures accurate tracking of expendable grant funds.
· Designs and administers safety and security regulations and training.
· Creates monthly reports on declined surgeries, no-shows, and A/R.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Three years of experience managing healthcare operations in a clinical settings (veterinary, imaging, Urgent Care, medical clinic etc.) or comparable operations experience in a related non-profit organization, for-profit business or retail setting. Combination of experience and education will be considered as well.
· Two years demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills, including managing staff and budgets.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to establish rapport quickly with persons of diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to read, write and speak Spanish (Required).
· Experience developing and adhering to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
· Experience/understanding of full-service shelter or veterinary operations (preferred, not required).
· Proficient in computer applications, including Outlook, Excel, MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, and medical/shelter databases and software systems.
· Strong analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and conflict-resolution skills.
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Acute attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
· Able to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
· Ability to adapt to change and accept new duties within a fast-growing organization; and
· Ability to work with diverse individuals within the organization and broader community.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting at a computer station with periodic standing and walking. Use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment. May be required on occasion to help with animal handling, as necessary. Will be exposed to disinfectant solutions and subject to bites and scratches while handling animals of questionable temperament. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with animals, the public, volunteers, and staff. Also requires flexibility to readily adapt to a fast-paced changing environment and the ability to work weekends and holidays. Must be comfortable handling dogs and cats on a regular basis.
All volunteers, visitors and staff are required to wear a mask.
The Arizona Animal Welfare League & SPCA (AAWL & SPCA) – the largest and oldest no-kill shelter in Arizona – is seeking Practice Manager who plans, organizes and directs all day-to-day activities at two on-site clinics – our AAWL…
Benefits include employer-paid medical insurance, paid vacation/sick time off, and seven paid holidays. Additionally, we offer continuing education and management training opportunities on how to resolve conflicts, implement new ideas and take/receive feedback.
Benefits include employer-paid medical insurance, paid vacation/sick time off, and seven paid holidays. Additionally, we offer continuing education and management training…
Full professional Spanish language proficiency required, including the ability to read, write and hold conversations with MDPetCare clients and community members who attend our monthly vaccine clinics.
Full professional Spanish language proficiency required, including the ability to read, write and hold conversations with MDPetCare clients and community members who attend…
Please submit a cover letter (explaining why you want to work at AAWL), resume and three professional references including their email, phone and relationship to email@example.com and in your subject line please reference “Practice Manager” in your email. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
Please submit a cover letter (explaining why you want to work at AAWL), resume and three professional references including their email, phone and relationship to firstname.lastname@example.org…