Full Time Temporary
6344 NE 74th Street
Job Title: Day Camp Counselor
Job Type: Seasonal: June 11 to August 31 / Monday to Friday / approximately 8am- 4pm (all dates required)
-Safely facilitate outdoor recreation programs to people, ages 5- 17, with and without disabilities.
-Support Day Camp programming through creative and fun activity planning, recreation activity delivery and feedback.
Location: Outings based from Magnuson Park in Seattle, Lake Sammamish State Park in Sammamish and Marymoor Park in Redmond. Activities include travel on most days. Transportation is available to and from base area to satellite locations.
Supervisor: Assistant Manager: Jacqueline Reyes, Program Manager: Elliot Howard
1. Maintain safety of participants, volunteers and staff at all times during day camp activities.
2. Deliver adaptive and therapeutic recreation programs. Provide instruction in adaptive sports such as cycling, hiking, camping, rock climbing, and paddling.
3. Support high quality delivery of day camp activities through incorporation of therapeutic recreation techniques,
responding to parent and participant requests, setting-up, taking down and storage of equipment, and care and safety
of Outdoors for All vehicles.
4. Problem-solve unexpected changes in activity plans, camper and/or volunteer participation as a team.
5. Drive Outdoors for All vehicles, trailers and equipment for event and program needs. Load, unload and operate
recreational equipment as needed for the program.
6. Ensure day camp supplies, equipment, and vehicles are stocked and ready for use as needed.
7. Store and care for equipment and vehicles to ensure they are safe and reliable for current and future programs.
8. Provide feedback to parents/ caregivers as needed in the form of daily progress reports, behavior reports, morning or
afternoon check-ins, phone calls and/or e-mails.
9. Be a positive representative and promoter of Outdoors for All programs, events and activities in our community.
10. Maintain accurate paperwork, including attendance and pick-up/drop off signature sheets, program activity reports,
gas and activity receipts, incident and behavior incident report forms, vehicle logs, etc.
11. Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures.
12. Be on-time and prepared for each day camp activity.
13. Participate fully as member of the Outdoors for All summer seasonal staff team.
14. Other duties as identified.
1. 18 years of age or older
2. Valid Washington State Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance; ability to be insured by our insurance provider.
3. Current First Aid card and CPR training. Lifeguard certification a plus.
4. Passion for and experience in adaptive techniques and/or ability to assist rock climbing, cycling, hiking and kayaking.
5. Experience working with individuals with disability and/or children.
6. Ability to be flexible, creative and positive in a variety of situations.
7. Ability to consistently lift, carry and load adaptive cycles and other equipment that may weigh 50 pounds.
8. Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment.
9. Ability to attend Day Camp training from June 11- 15.
Salary: $15.00/ hr.
Hours/Days: Training is Jun 11- 15. Camp is June 18- August 31 / Monday to Friday / 35 - 40hrs per week
Benefits: sick leave
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to: Elliot Howard, Program Manager:
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email complete cover letter and resume to Elliot Howard, Program Manager.