Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds
An individual hired as the Human Resources Coordinator will report directly to the VP of Human Resources. This dynamic individual will provide exceptional customer service while ensuring compliance for all staff. He/She will have the ability to establish positive, productive relationships with a broad range of constituencies including candidates for hire, agency staff and external governmental agency staff. He/She will have the ability to establish processes, maintain order and prioritize tasks or projects in a fast-paced, compliance oriented environment. He/She will recommend and process improvements, innovative solutions, and/or policy changes to enhance HR effectiveness.
1. Develop and maintain knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, compliance requirements associated with Verify - USCIS (I9 forms) as well as DOH, DCJS, DOE, DOI, DYCD, OMH and OPWDD.
2. Assist with clearing process associated with fingerprinting, national and NYS criminal background, NYS-OCFS, NYS-SOR, Pennsylvania Report of Criminal History (PSP) FBI Fingerprinting based on (PSP) and Child Abuse History Clearance from Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
3. Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations.
4. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
5. Perform customer service functions by; answering employee requests/questions and responding to request from outside vendors.
6. Administer new hire/benefits orientation.
7. Assist with processing changes; rate changes, terminations, etc.,
8. Investigate and report time and leave issues or complaints pertaining to NYS/PA Workers’ compensation and/or NYS Disability related claims.
9. Maintain confidentiality of information. Take steps to ensure documents, files and information are kept secure and employee related information is not shared outside of a “business need” context.”
10. Supervise seasonal staff.
11. Assist in providing auditors with required documentation.
12. Ability to travel to multiple sites within the agency.
13. Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens as assigned.
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
· Promote and implement the Core Values of the Jewish Community Center.
· Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
· Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
· Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
· Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite
· Knowledge of ADP WorkForce Now preferred
· Must observe complete confidentiality regarding personal employee and client information.
· Exceptional organization skills, with a knack for juggling multiple priorities and a strong attention to detail
· The ability to stay focused while handling repetitive tasks
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently, accurately and meet deadlines
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program and reserve the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain…