Downtown Community Center - Membership Associate
- Job posted by Manhattan Youth Recreation and Resources, Inc.
Do you have a passion for working with or around young children? Our TriBeCa Community Center is seeking professional, friendly, and energetic individuals who thrive in an enthusiastic and kid-friendly environment.
The DCC Membership Associate is responsible for working with our Assistant Director of Membership and Deputy Director to ensure positive experiences for our members and guests. They are the first thing our members and patrons see when they walk through our doors, and are responsible for helping our members feel welcome and secure. Our DCC Membership Associate will report directly to the Assistant Director of Membership, with a dotted line report to the Deputy Director of the Downtown Community Center
Schedule: Monday – Friday 10am-6pm
Key Competencies: strong written and oral communication, Active listening, Microsoft Office, Sales, Experience with billing systems a plus. Experience with children and families a plus.
- Responsible for knowing sales standards and techniques as developed by the center, and giving tours/selling memberships as needed.
- Saturday sales lead, customer service lead.
- Assist Directors of Center with communication materials, website updates, and editing of marketing collaterals and social media
- Responsible for ensuring front desk closing procedures are maintained and lobby area is neat and prepared for the morning.
- Keep front desk and lobby area are clean and tidy, with all marketing materials and forms well stocked.
- Assist in logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service, making the Front desk the welcome hub of the center.
- Ensure Manhattan Youth policies and security requirements are met for all guests
- Set example for FD staff, holding doors for members, giving directions and information, sending members to the service desk as is appropriate, and always giving a smile and a warm welcome.
- Maintain knowledge of Manager on Duty tasks, including MOD opening and closing procedures of the Downtown Community Center. This includes knowing how to properly respond to issues and threats to safety of members, staff and building by accident, fire, or outside threat.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, email your resume and a brief description of your background and experience to the above email address. Tell us why you are the perfect fit for this position!