2697 Atlantic Avenue
Position: Staff Generalist
Program: East New York Clubhouse
Reports to: Director, East New York Clubhouse
Work Location: 2697 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
Hours: Full Time (Hourly/Per Diem)
Work in collaboration with staff and members in the daily operation of BCS’s East New York Clubhouse, an internationally certified and highly recognized Clubhouse model program, which provides a safe, nurturing, and noninstitutionalized setting for psychiatric rehabilitation that fosters independent living and greater participation in the community.
· Work with consumer led community of adults with mental health conditions, where members and staff jointly plan vocational, educational and social activities that develop skills and promote rehabilitation. Foster recovery, community integration, and psychiatric stabilization.
· Monitor activities, especially during evening hours, and generate member interest in participation for evening meal preparation, clean and following the food standards.
· Participate in maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the Clubhouse environment, along with other staff and members.
· Assist members with any case management or emergency needs.
· Work the team to maintain Clubhouse International certification standard compliance.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, plus at least one year experience with the mental health population. Excellent judgment, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required. Fingerprinting and criminal background check required
Medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to:
Katrina Grant, Director, East New York Clubhouse