Pacific Tower, Suite 1101
1200 12th Avenue South
<img src="//:0" height="83" width="147">
Financial Services Associate
In order to build a better world, nonprofits need effective financial management. However, many organizations lack the training, knowledge, or support they need. This is where 501 Commons steps in, and this is where you can help. Financial Services Associates collaborate with nonprofit organizations to complete accounting functions and consult about best practices that will support them in meeting their missions.
This is a customer-focused role, so a passion for working with people is essential. It is also important to be able to carry a big-picture perspective regarding client organizations and their needs while providing the detailed and accurate picture of their financial situation.
· Consult and advise nonprofit organizations about best practices for financial operations
· Manage the accounting cycle and provide full charge bookkeeping support to ensure payroll, AP/AR functions, reconciliations, and financial statements are completed in a timely manner
· Develop and maintain financial processes and documentation that allow organizational leaders to make sound decisions
· Ensure compliance and reporting requirements are met
· Share knowledge and provide support to clients and other team members
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience within a nonprofit environment
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in QuickBooks (desktop and online) and MS Excel
- Working knowledge of accounting principles: fund accounting, GAAP, nonprofit accounting, compliance requirements, and best practices
- Effective time management skills, as demonstrated by being self-directed in managing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to communicate accounting concepts in ways that can be easily understood by all audiences
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible in order to meet the needs of diverse organizations
- Committed to 501 Commons’ goals of equity and inclusion to build trusting relationships with clients and staff of diverse backgrounds
Are you interested but your background doesn’t quite match our qualifications? We want you to reach out and let us know why you think you are a great addition to our team!
501 Commons is an equal-opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and to support the retention and advancement of diverse persons within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and volunteer corps with diverse personal and professional backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission.
501 Commons is committed to providing an inclusive workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve our mission. We are committed to fostering and supporting a workplace culture inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equal, valued, and supported.
· Flexibility: Ability to establish a schedule that works best for you and the organizations you serve, part-time or full-time
· Collaboration with a small but highly professional team of accountants with opportunities for professional development
- Benefits including generous paid time off, holiday pay, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage
Salary Range: $24-27/hour
Minimum Education Required