Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish
The Volunteer & Processing Lead is responsible for the development, coordination, and supervision of FCP’s volunteer program, which averages 1,300 volunteer hours per month. This position also provides leadership and general coordination to FCP’s donation processing activities.
- Leads FCP volunteer program, including screening, training, placement, supervision, scheduling, and exiting of volunteers
- Serves as a representative of St. Anthony’s mission and values to volunteers, prospective volunteers, and other external audiences; confidently communicates St. Anthony’s identity as a Catholic and Franciscan organization
- Maintains accurate volunteer data records, including shift schedules, hours served, and volunteer contact information
- Implements and evaluates volunteer policies and procedures
- Monitors ongoing donation processing activities with an eye for quality control, efficiency, product quantities, and other conditions
- Helps facilitate and maintain the FCP outreach clothing program with external community partners
- Helps facilitate and maintain a safe environment for FCP volunteers, staff, and guests. Adheres to the guidelines of the St. Anthony Foundation Safety Program
- Works closely with St. Anthony’s Volunteer Service department on all matters related to FCP’s volunteer program, including recruitment, scheduling, and overall alignment with St. Anthony’s mission and values
- Attends and participates in relevant meetings: Program Coordination, Staff Meetings, Foundation-wide, etc.
- Assists and works with all members of the Free Clothing Program in responding to the responsibilities and needs of the program. Working as part of the FCP team, knowing your presence is an essential function for the team to be successful
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager
NUMBER OF VOLUNTEERS SUPERVISED: Directly: 1-50/day
- Two years related experience including experience managing volunteers.
- BA or equivalent work experience. Experience working in social services preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, communication, and conflict de-escalation skills.
- Experience and/or familiarity with homeless, low-income, and mentally disabled persons.
- Strong supervisorial skills.
- Experience working with computers and databases, especially Salesforce, preferred.
- Ability to be polite, tactful, and firm with the public. Ability to set limits and handle pressure situations with guests and volunteers.
- Excellent work habits: punctual, reliable, cooperative, and team-oriented.
- Commitment to the St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and desire to work for a social service agency serving the homeless and low-income.