Details: $25 to $29 an hour
150 Court Street
JOB TITLE: SONYC Site Director
STATUS: Part-Time; 20 hours per week from 2-6pm Mondays to Fridays
AAFSC’s SONYC Site Director manages the SONYC program during afterschool hours for youth in grades 6-8. During the designated hours, the Site Director provides leadership, direction, supervision, and support to program staff to ensure desired program goals and outcomes are met. The most successful candidate will be one who has strong administrative and management skills including program operations management, youth development expertise, and coordination of government agency requirements. He or she will be organized, have high attention to detail and will have the capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple projects. A commitment to immigrant, refugee and low-income youth empowerment will also be essential for success in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure program maintains compliance for licensure through detailed documentation and collaboration with other AAFSC team members.
- Maintain active communication with program staff, Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) contacts, and other key stakeholders.
- Work independently, assess priorities and take initiative to meet program quality.
- Coordinate part-time staff schedules to ensure student to staff ratio.
- Prepare for and meet site visit expectations.
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment.
Staff Support and Training
- Manage and delegate responsibilities involved in day-to-day operations to allow for efficient and streamlined programming.
- Communicate regularly with staff on performance; review and evaluate staff to make recommendation for staff changes as necessary.
- Provide as needed youth program instruction and support in daily activities such as supervising a group of children and participating in activities and trips.
Evaluation & Research
- Ensure attendance tracking and data entry meets contractual and AAFSC program requirements.
- Attention to detail, responsibility and dependability in data reporting to DYCD, DYCD Online, and internal database platforms.
- Assist in the administration of surveys, focus groups and other program assessments.
- Oversee design and implementation of curriculum.
- Coordinate outreach, application and enrollment processes for Youth Program.
- Ensure all paperwork and documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Attend regular meetings and special events as needed.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Perform other duties assigned as necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields of Child Development, Education, Elementary Education, Physical Education, Recreation or a related field.
- New York State Children’s Program Administrator credential is a plus.
- Must have at least 2 years direct experience working with children less than 13 years of age
- Must have at least 3 years demonstrated leadership in long-term planning and supervisory experience in child care and youth programs, including developing, directing and supervising daily activities for children
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in creating, implementing and measuring effectiveness of programs.
- Proficiency in Arabic strongly preferred but not required, bilingual abilities preferred
- Familiarity with DYCD, SACC and DOHMH requirements a plus
- Experience working with students in urban schools and/or community-based settings a plus
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
- Must be able to work evening hours.
- U.S. Work Authorization required.
- Job contingent on pre-employment background check and fingerprint clearance
· Voluntary Aflac coverage
· 40 hours of paid sick leave per year
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to email@example.com. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.