Details: Non-Exempt Position
Organizational Overview: Food Forward fights hunger and prevents food waste by rescuing fresh surplus produce, connecting this abundance with people in need and inspiring others to do the same. Our produce is recovered mostly in Los Angeles and Ventura Counties but reaches those in need in eight Southern California counties via distribution by hundreds of hunger relief agencies across virtually all social service sectors: homeless outreach, domestic violence shelters, street youth homes, veteran services, LGBT teen/adult/senior services, after-school programs, the mentally disabled, low-income college programs, and many more. With the volunteer-power of over 7,000 registered volunteers and a modest staff, we will help feed over 1.75 million Southern Californians in need this year alone. See our core values posted below.
Position Description: The Agency Relations & Field Manager is the key liaison supporting the ongoing development and maintenance of Receiving Agency (RA) relationships. This individual will be the central person architecting and maintaining protocols and implementing policies and procedures for all the RAs that receive produce from Food Forward, including other public-facing events where produce is distributed. The position is aimed to give greater support and accountability to Food Forward’s workflows related to the millions of pounds of recovered fresh produce we donate annually, and the agencies working on Food Forward’s behalf to distribute this food across Southern California. The ideal candidate will be a “roll-up-your-sleeves” type of leader who is passionate about food justice, hunger relief, and community building. He/she will be charismatic, work well under pressure and be a time management expert. In addition to managing internal agency relations, he/she will also serve as the primary point of contact and organization lead for Food Forward powered “Produce Pop-Ups,” an innovative project which creates direct healthy food access to underserved communities. The Agency Relations Manager will report to the Director of Programs.
● On-boarding and off-boarding of all RAs, while serving as key communicator and pre-qualifier for all new incoming RA’s food donation requests
● Utilize and evolve existing workflows and recording systems to maintain Agency Relations operations and databases with the goal of continuing to cultivate strong RA partnerships
● Ensure partnership and policy compliance, government-mandated food safety and health ordinances, and proper use of all product as directed by Food Forward’s RA agreement
● Maintain systems involved in directing RA donations and the redistribution of Food Forward’s fresh produce to third party-agencies, which come through our larger RAs
● Coordinate and conduct on-site RA site visits, provide support trainings and consultation, and connect RAs to appropriate resources within the organization and greater hunger relief network
● Ensure that up-to-date records are maintained for all RAs, including donation documentation, metrics, demographic information, logistical information, and any other relevant information
● Maintain consistent communication with Food Forward’s Development Department and various Program Teams, with the goal of maintaining an ongoing feedback loop with FF staff and management
● Serve as point of contact between the various Food Forward programs and departments (Volunteer, Branch Staff and Wholesale Recovery, etc) and the Agency Relations Dept., overseeing their needs as well as what is needed to make Produce Pop-Ups run smoothly
● Serve as onsite Food Forward staff lead for Produce Pop-Ups involving Food Forward volunteers, and additional Produce Pop-Ups to be added in the future
● Develop and run various orientations, trainings, and oversee onsite volunteer engagement at each Food Forward volunteer participating Produce Pop-Up
● Collaborate with development, volunteer, and program teams on the assessment and development of new Agency Relations Department partnerships
● 2-4 years experience in a dynamic hands-on environment related to social or food justice, anti-hunger, or food systems (management preferred) and/or Bachelor’s degree in social services or social project management
● Excellent written and verbal skills in English
● Proficiency speaking Spanish
● Flexible, team player and adapt easily to change
● Strong negotiation skills
● Very proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Drive, Docs & Sheets
● Experience setting up verification systems and best practices for large numbers of interfaces
● Experience building large multi-stakeholder systems in social service networks
● Possess reliable transportation, a valid California Driver’s License, and up to date insurance
● Ability to lift boxes of produce up to 50 lbs, repeatedly. Comfort standing and moving for several hours at a time.
● Comfort using a pallet jack, or willingness to learn
● Able to comfortably drive a stakebed truck and utility van.
● Strong working knowledge of Southern California geography
● Charismatic, congenial, empathic, conscientious demeanor and deep cultural sensitivity as it relates to a diverse range of underserved communities
● Must possess or obtain, within three months of hiring; State of California Food Handlers Certificate
● Comfortable working with and building out large databases
● Strong problem solving skills by identifying complex problems and implementing innovative solutions
● Willingness to travel regionally on a regular basis, occasionally working early/late hours, evenings and weekends
● Ability to take directions, adapt to changing environment, yet also pivot quickly and seamlessly into leadership mode
● Must be extremely proactive self-starter who demonstrates high positive energy
Food Forward Core Values:
● Creativity – We seek to innovate in all facets of our work.
● Joyfulness – We cultivate a meaningful, fun, positive and spirited work environment.
● Committed to Food Justice – We believe that access to wholesome food, and fresh nutritious produce, is not a privilege, but a right. We work hard to end food inequality and reduce food insecurity.
● Authenticity – We are transparent and honest in our words, deeds and actions. We act at the highest level of integrity.
● Disciplined – We are reliable, professional, accountable, rigorous and committed to excellence in all areas of our work, both internally and externally.
● Community-minded – We aim to include and connect people in the community, and to remain open, diverse, respectful, and accessible. We take pride in offering people meaningful volunteer and work experiences.
● Simple IRA with 3% employer matching (after one year of employment)
● Generous Sick Days, Paid-Time-Off, and Holiday allocation
● Cell phone allowance
● Telecommuting and work flexibility
● 100% Medical, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage for full time staff
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a cover letter in the body of the email including where you discovered this listing, and which variety of produce you would be and why. Please attach your resume in a PDF version to email@example.com.
The subject line should read, Agency Relations & Field Manager –(Your Name). No phone calls please. Please follow these instructions to ensure that we process your application.
Food Forward strongly encourages people of color, women, l/g/b/t/q individuals, those with disabilities, and those with protected class backgrounds to apply