LOVE146 VISION: The abolition of child trafficking and exploitation. Nothing less.
LOVE146 MISSION: ABOLITION & RESTORATION! We combat child trafficking & exploitation with the unexpected and restore survivors with excellence.
LOVE146’s COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION: Love146 seeks to enhance the innovation and creativity, greater productivity and employee satisfaction that derive from a well-managed, diverse, and inclusive workplace. We acknowledge that this is an important area for growth as an organization.
OVERVIEW: The Survivor Care Social Worker is a full-time position. The Social Worker will be the first point of contact for children served by Love146’s Survivor Care program, and will help mobilize their reintegration into society. This is a 10am-6pm position, with some weekend and evening time required.
REPORTS TO: Survivor Care Clinical Supervisor
SALARY: $45,000 - $52,000
LOCATION: New Haven, CT
- Implement Love146’s Survivor Care program services with a standard of excellence.
- Provide direct services to suspected and confirmed child victims of sex trafficking. Services may include, but not be limited to the following: (1) application assistance, (2) information and referral services, (3) crisis intervention and safety planning, (4) individual counseling, (5) advocacy/accompaniment to medical, law enforcement, court, and academic appointments, and (6) transportation assistance.
- Provide information, referrals, crisis intervention, and safety planning to caregivers and other individuals responsible for the care of program participants.
- Collaborate and participate in case meetings with providers involved with program participants to advocate for and coordinate service delivery.
- Document all client-related activities to ensure appropriate data tracking and facilitate program monitoring and evaluation.
- Build and maintain relationships with key state and community-based agencies, independent service providers, educators, and other members of participants’ support networks.
- Help promote a culture that fosters passion for the mission, cooperation, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and common vision.
- Performs other activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Social work license in the State of Connecticut (or ability to transfer license to Connecticut).
- A minimum one year experience providing direct services children at high-risk for trafficking; experience working with confirmed victims preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents preferred.
- Experience providing in-home services preferred.
- Experience working with state and private child welfare agencies.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to find creative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Clients’ homes/placements, community settings, Love146’s headquarter office and automobile travel. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested by individuals with disabilities to allow them to perform the essential functions.
- Exchange information and communicate verbally and by written word.
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend English.
- Deal with a wide variety of people on various issues.
- Specific vision abilities include close and distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ambulate on rough surfaces and climb stairs.
- Must spend long hours sitting, using office equipment and performing computer operations, which requires intense mental and visual concentration and eye hand coordination.
- Endure long periods of driving.
- Stand, walk, and/or sit for extended periods of time.
- Lift or move up to 25 lbs.
Love146 is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer
Love146 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please visit our website to submit a resume and cover letter: https://love146.org/employment/.