General Job Description
At the Network of Executive Women, we are a servant leader organization that is focused on our mission “to advance all women in the workforce” every day. Our culture is comprised of values that inspire us to be passionate, humble, and appreciative of all contributions. Among those values is the importance of inclusion. At NEW, all staff members are required to show appreciation for different perspectives, experiences, expertise, qualities, and strengths that each person offers. We assume positive intent and seek to teach others when we sense they need to learn. We are actively aware of our own biases, are receptive to feedback, and intentionally create diverse teams or inputs in all NEW business interactions to ensure everyone’s voice is heard.
The Salesforce/Nimble AMS Administrator is responsible for maintaining, supporting, troubleshooting, and optimizing NEW’s Salesforce-based AMS (association management system – a CRM for associations), Nimble. This role will also be working closely with staff members to ensure proper adherence to AMS best practices. Additionally, this position works in close collaboration with departments and vendors as new functions, processes, and reports are requested, configured (or developed), and deployed. This includes leading in a SME capacity in scoping conversations and requirements gathering from a best practice perspective in alignment with Salesforce/Nimble capabilities, organizational priorities, and strategic technology growth. In addition to the below, this position performs other assigned duties, projects, and responsibilities as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate, test, and deploy Salesforce and Nimble updates, releases, and patches as needed
- Install and maintain appropriate apps and integrations between the AMS and other platforms
- Optimize and build functionality using process builder, validation rules, and workflows
- Serve as liaison between end users and Nimble AMS support for creation, follow-up, resolution, testing of issues and escalation of tickets/cases as needed
- Document configuration and other changes made in the AMS environment, create, and maintain SOPs based on best practices
- Manage SSO, two-factor authentication, and appropriate certificates for the AMS
- Maintain multiple environments, initiate, and oversee production and sandbox refreshes
- Serve as the primary contact for vendors and developers working in or with adjacent systems connected to the AMS (e.g., WordPress CMS, Juno LMS, Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud)
- Manage relationship with Nimble AMS, conduct regular meetings with account representative, review contract, monitor hours and review invoices
System Configuration and Customization
- Modify page layouts, create new fields, perform other basic system configurations
- Publish changes to production environment, create and initiate change sets
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system and implement these changes as appropriate
- Serve as Project Manager for Customization projects: collaborate with business users to set project and feature backlog priorities, assist in expectation setting and clarification of scope, document requirements and communicate with vendor, ensure progress and fidelity, involve stakeholders in testing and approval, document business process and design SOPs, train end users, and perform follow-up and QA
- Plan and roadmap future AMS needs and costs: licensing, Community Hub logins, system integrations and requirements in partnership with technology team peers, etc.
Data Hygiene & QA
- Run deduplication tools and manage data hygiene
- Perform diagnostic maintenance and data QA reports and resolve issues at a regular cadence
- Prepare and load bulk data imports and updates
User Management & Support
- Responsible for user management (~30 users): create and remove staff accounts, assign, and adjust profiles and permissions, reset passwords, etc.
- Serve as first line of support for users
- Steward ongoing training, documentation, troubleshooting, and support of staff to grow the Salesforce/Nimble skillset and adoption of processes across the organization
- Develop effective partnerships with a broad range of stakeholders, combined with excellent communication, planning, and implementation skills that will ensure successful execution of AMS strategies.
- Manage the delivery, and communication, of key system changes, including continuous improvement activities such as process changes and distributed QA checks
- Serve as the subject matter expert for AMS capabilities and functions and ensure that change requests are adhering to system capabilities and best practices for sustainability and scalability.
- Responsible for user-acceptance testing and end user training where appropriate
Reports & Dashboards
- Collaborate with business users to create reports and dashboards, clarifying use case and scope as needed and ensuring adherence to best practices
- Conduct user acceptance testing and end user training
- Help users develop or fine-tune existing reports
Demonstrated Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years as a Salesforce Certified Administrator (201) is required, Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator (211) highly preferred
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, process builder, workflow, and other content of intermediate to expert-level complexity preferred
- Nimble AMS experience preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technology-related concentration with 3+ years of relevant experience or an associate degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in related technologies
- Experience in solution design, implementation, training, and documentation preferred
- Advanced skills in the Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex processes and technology and articulate to end users in a digestible, cogent manner
- Track record of applying information technology solutions to critical business challenges
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with creative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Work experience or volunteer work in an association or non-profit is a big plus
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to build strong partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal partners and vendors; stewarding objectives and processes across internal teams is critical to this role’s success, with a special focus on aligning system capabilities and best practices to requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically audiences comprised of diverse genders, races, and ethnicities
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, deconstruct high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes