Details: Salary based on experience.
1720 Market St
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is looking for an experienced leader who can direct our organization’s programmatic work in concert with our 2018-2022 Strategic Plan and our core values of transportation justice, sustainability, people power and joy. You will help grow and diversify our movement and play a key role in transforming San Francisco’s streets and neighborhoods into safe, just and livable places by promoting the bicycle for everyday transportation.
This is an opportunity for an experienced and capable professional who is passionate about making San Francisco a better place to live, work and bike. The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition has many best-in-class programs supported by long-term contracts, and opportunities exist to continuously evaluate and refine our approaches and expand their scope and impact. We are looking for a strong, creative leader with deep passion and experience who will work in tandem with staff and the leadership team to help take our programs to the next level. This position will manage a dynamic staff of four to five individuals focused on youth and family biking, adult bicycle education, community bike builds and valet bicycle parking.
- Lead, direct, and manage overall San Francisco Bicycle Coalition Program work, priorities and deliverables, including planning initiatives, contract management and all programs;
- Directly manage and/or coach four to five Program staff for Adult Education, Family and Schools Programs, Community Bike Builds and Valet Bicycle Parking. This includes strategic leadership, training, professional development and oversight of contracts and deliverables;
- Ensure that outcomes and targets related to the organizational strategic plan are met or exceeded;
- Prepare and submit bids for grant applications and RFPs relevant to our mission and program work, monitor open contract compliance, and prepare and submit reports relevant to contract work;
- Maintain positive working relationships with relevant partners in government, other nonprofit agencies, communities and private sector organizations;
- Develop and monitor plans to meet or exceed budgeted goals for earned revenue programs including valet bicycle parking and professional driver training; and
- Play an active role in organizational budgeting and forecasting.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Five years or more of progressively increasing responsibility in program development and management;
- Direct experience building strong partnerships with public agencies and community-based organizations, particularly those serving marginalized communities;
- Successful track record in bidding and winning grants and contracts, monitoring deliverables, and reporting on success;
- Experience managing program staff;
- Successful project planning and strategy implementation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Budgeting and forecasting experience;
- Exceptional, proven writing skills for a diversity of media and audiences; and
- Be a team player, willing partner with development, advocacy, communications and operations leadership.
Strong candidates will also possess the following preferred qualifications:
- A commitment to and passion for the SF Bicycle Coalition’s mission and core values;
- Experience working and collaborating with a membership-based organization;
- Experience managing and implementing education, school and volunteer programs;
- CRM software experience, preferably with Salesforce;
- Bilingual in English and another language especially Spanish, Cantonese or Filipino/Tagalog.
Full medical, dental, vision, and 401K
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and another language especially Spanish, Cantonese or Filipino/Tagalog.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please go to our website to apply:
The San Francisco Bicycle Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. All races and genders are encouraged to apply.