Field Managers - Several Locations: Scranton, Reading, Allentown and Bethlehem
- Job posted by Make the Road Action
Details: This position will be paid a rate of $20/hour.
Make The Road Action
About Make the Road Action:
Make the Road Action builds power for justice in Latinx communities, Communities of Color, and low income working class communities.
About the Position:
Make the Road Action is seeking Field Managers who are experienced change-makers with dynamic personalities to launch a large-scale voter outreach program in cities across Eastern PA. These individuals will run grassroots field offices to recruit and train canvassers and be on the forefront of piloting new technologies and techniques in voter outreach and engagement. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who seeks to create social change, connect voters to the candidates and issues that are most important to them, and work hands-on in a fast-paced environment to create a long-term impact in the communities that need it most..
The Field Manager will:
• Recruit and Develop Leaders: Build a team of canvassers by conducting outreach, interviewing prospective staff, making hiring and firing decisions, and developing the next generation of managers and leaders to support your team;
• Transform Social Change: Be part of a team where your voice, and your ideas, matter and make a difference. Join our team on the ground floor to contribute new ideas, and help change how social change happens in America;
• Manage Staff: Train staff in voter engagement. Work with your staff in individual and group settings, with a particular eye towards developing leaders. Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and motivating atmosphere;
• Reach voters and build a base: Meet your office outreach objectives and canvass in the field as needed to train new and experienced staff and meet personal and office requirements. Rrecruit new active members for our partner organization to help build our power-in-numbers approach to organizing
• Run an Innovative Office: Track deliverables and logistics needed to keep your teams moving. Analyze performance and set strategy.
We are seeking a seasoned leader and organizer with strong references who is interested in growing the canvass operation into a credible powerhouse of mobilization in 2018. The ideal candidate should have at least 1 to 2 years (2-4 cycles) of canvassing and preferably leadership experience. Candidates should also have:
• A demonstrated commitment to social justice, strong analysis of systemic oppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, and an understanding of challenges facing immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families;
• Excellent organizational skills and good attention to detail;
• A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively;
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations;
• Dedication and ability to work flexible hours;
• Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences
• Willingness and ability to relocate and/or travel for these positions
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make the Road Action is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities and members of the LGBTQ community