Part-Time Therapist / Clinician/ Social Worker: School and Community Based
- Job posted by Wendt Center
Details: Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience and licensure level
Position Description: Part-Time Clinician; School and Community - Based Program
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing, a non-profit, outpatient mental health center specializing in bereavement and trauma, is currently seeking an experienced clinician to join our team.
Reports to: Resilient Scholars Project Director
Provide mental health services implementing Resilient Scholars Project (RSP) bereavement-focused clinical services at assigned school and community partner sites to children/adolescents.
· Understands and upholds the Center’s philosophy and mission and abides by the Personnel Handbook and Clinical Manual guidelines.
· Maintains strict confidentiality.
· Implements bereavement-focused clinical services to children/adolescents referred for death-related losses and symptoms of depression.
o Conducts pre-/post-assessments with referred children/adolescents.
o Provides weekly group and individual therapy services to assigned children and adolescents at school and
community partner locales utilizing appropriate theoretical approaches.
o Follows RSP grief curriculum while adjusting to participants’ needs and incorporating own clinical style and
o Utilizes movement, art, play, drama, music and/or games to express and enhance clinical themes and social
and emotional skills.
o Provides coaching/psychoeducation to parents/caregivers of all assigned RSP participants on grief and loss.
o Makes referrals to appropriate internal and external resources.
o Provides individual case consultation and crisis support to school and community partner staff on grief and
· Provides timely and accurate documentation in the agency electronic health records (Apricot and InSync).
· Provides information and data as needed for grant reports.
· Participates in regular supervision, program, and staff meetings.
· Travels locally by car to/from multiple school and community partner locales in DC.
· Works 1 evening per week
· DC Mental Health License Required – LGSW, LICSW, LGPC or LPC Only. Independent licensure preferred (LPC or LICSW).
· Experience working with urban and minority youth populations with exposure to grief and loss.
· Knowledge of bereavement sensitive approaches.
· Knowledge of child development.
· Experience facilitating child and adolescent therapy groups.
· Experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
· Fluency in Spanish a plus.
· Car required for ongoing local travel.
· Ability to work 1 evening.
The Wendt Center for Loss and Healing is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. The Wendt Center does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required