Details: Position is a full-time, exempt, 12-month role. Salary range for position is $42,500 – 50,000 commensurate with experience.
2315 Coliseum Drive
Every child deserves the chance to realize their fullest potential in life. While others may focus on the challenges of the children we serve, we see possibilities. Possibilities for confidence, happiness, achievement and self-reliance. For more than 65 years, The Centers for Exceptional Children has been providing a critical combination of support services, programs and facilities dedicated to one thing: helping children with special needs and their families thrive.
The Finance Manager reports to the Assistant Executive Director. Responsibilities include financial accounting and reporting, budget preparation and monitoring, payroll preparation and administration, and audit and tax functions. The position requires participation in ongoing professional development related to the role to remain current and relevant and for continual process improvement. This role contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks for The Centers for Exceptional Children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met as applicable, including charitable status, withholding payments, income tax, goods and services tax and employer health tax.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions. This includes all staff purchasing and Infant/Toddler Program billing and payments.
- Develop and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit control.
- Coordinate, analyze and prepare financial reports for the CFEC Executive Director, Executive Committee, and Finance Committee monthly and for the Board of Directors quarterly.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the CFEC Assistant Executive Director and Treasurer/Finance Committee.
- Assist the CFEC staff with the preparation of budgets for grant applications.
Payroll Preparation and Administration
- Oversee all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
Audit and Tax Functions
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, including communications with external auditors, CFEC Assistant Executive Director and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Supervise the preparation of all supporting information for the annual audit with the external auditor.
- Review and comply with recommendations from the annual audit report after consultation with the CFEC Assistant Executive Director and Treasure/Finance Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
A successful candidate will have:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the vision and mission of The Centers for Exceptional Children.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software.
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organizational goals.
- Proficient in use of computer programs for accounting, word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet.
- Proficient on an assessment of relevant computer/bookkeeping skills administered as a part of the selection process.
Preference for candidates with:
- 3-5 years of non-profit financial management.
- A track record in grants management.
- Experience in developing and managing program budgets.
Position is a full-time, exempt, 12-month role. Salary range for position is $42,500 – 50,000 commensurate with experience.
To apply send a detailed letter of interest explaining your qualifications and your resume to email@example.com. Include “Finance Manager” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Competitive non-profit benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required