3727 W. 6th Street, Suite 300
Koreatown Youth & Community Center, Inc. (KYCC) is a non-profit organization that has been serving the Korean American and multi-ethnic Koreatown community since 1975. KYCC’s programs and services are specifically directed towards recently immigrated, economically disadvantaged youth and their families. KYCC offers a wide array of programs including counseling, academic services, community outreach, business services, affordable housing, and neighborhood beautification. We have been serving our diverse community for more than 40 years, and if you’re passionate about creating change within our community, we’d like to meet you.
KYCC currently has two(2) openings for the Substance Use Counselor position. Under the direction of the SUD Services Manager and the Director of Children & Family Services, the SUD Counselor facilitates the provision of substance use disorder treatment services by providing assessment, counseling, treatment planning, crisis intervention, and case management services. Performance is reviewed on a continuous basis with specific goals and objectives identified throughout the year. This is a full-time, non-exempt position working 40 hours per week, Monday through Saturday, scheduled to start on October 1, 2018.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- Current certification for substance abuse counseling (e.g. CCAPP, CADTP).
- A minimum of two(2) years supervised experience working in substance abuse and/or related field.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the use and operation of personal computers.
- Bilingual capacity in Korean/English and/or Spanish/English.
- Ability to organize and prepare documentation in an accurate and timely manner using the EHR systems.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others a willingness to participate fully in the team process.
- Strong commitment to working with a diverse, multicultural organization and community.
- Self-directing and the ability to work independently as required.
Competitive benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in English/Korean and/or English/Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include the position title when applying
To apply, mail, FAX or e-mail COVER LETTER and RESUME to: Koreatown Youth & Community Center Attn: Personnel 3727 W. 6th St., Suite 300 Los Angeles, CA 90020 FAX: (213) 927-0017 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls or visits, please.
<KYCC is an EOE and E-Verify employer.>
Do not repost this position without prior written authorization from the KYCC Personnel Office. Any resumes received from unauthorized sites will be considered unsolicited.