24 West 61st Street , 4th Floor
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA has an annual operating budget of $9.5 million, approximately half of which is raised through fundraising. The HR Manager will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function including but not limited to recruitment, benefits administration, compensation analysis, payroll, record keeping, and human resources policies and procedures. With guidance from the Chief Financial Officer and Vice President & General Counsel, the HR Manager will implement human resources strategies to enhance compliance with federal, state, and city labor laws and to foster best practices. The HR Manager will support a staff comprised of approximately 45 full-time year-round employees, 30 full-time seasonal employees, and 30 summer camp employees. The Human Resources Manager will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- With oversight from the Chief Financial Officer, Vice President & General Counsel, and President and wide latitude for independent initiative and judgment, oversee the Human Resources function of RIPA.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and communicate personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintain the Employee Handbook, implement procedures, and ensure compliance; recommend revisions to policies and procedures contained therein and communicate any changes to all personnel.
- Implement and evaluate compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; conduct annual salary surveys; analyze compensation; and monitor the performance evaluation program.
- Manage employee benefits programs; evaluate, recommend, and analyze employee benefits programs; answer employee inquiries about benefits and/or benefits claims; oversee open enrollment process.
- Manage and coordinate professional development and training opportunities for staff.
- Coordinate teambuilding activities (e.g. staff retreat, staff appreciation events).
- Manage the payroll system in order to ensure all personnel are paid on a timely and accurate basis.
- Administer human resources functions including maintaining all personnel files and other human resources information such as job descriptions, employment statistics, and personnel and payroll data.
- Oversee human resources recordkeeping and ensure records are complete and are in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Oversee recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt personnel including but not limited to serving as administrator of a web based applicant tracking system, placement of job announcements, conducting phone and in-person interviews, completing reference checks, conducting new employee orientations, and other on-boarding and off-boarding activities.
- Responsible for all pre-employment procedures including coordinating background checks and drug testing.
- Administer all leaves of absence (FMLA, disability, unpaid, parental, etc.).
- Monitor and administer Affordable Care Act eligibility.
- Counsel Managers on coaching, developing, and disciplining employees; hear and facilitate resolution of employee grievances; and counsel employees and supervisors on workplace issues.
- Responsible for reporting and filing all workplace injuries through Workers’ Compensation.
- Administer surveys to solicit feedback from employees and management.
- Provide direct support to the CFO and handle all HR related administrative duties, including but not limited to, employment verifications, wage and garnishment notifications, OSHA reports, file maintenance.
- Willing to work in a flexible environment and contribute in other areas, as needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in human resources as a Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Manager, or in a similar capacity.
- Unquestionable ability to be discreet and manage confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence and diplomacy at all levels.
- Technologically astute with strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with exempt and non-exempt populations; ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Strong communications and writing skills; able to respond to requests in an effective and timely manner.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A master’s degree from an accredited college, preferably in business administration or human resources management.
- Enjoys public spaces, the environment, and conservation programs and is personally committed to RIPA’s mission.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now and ADP Time and Attendance Module.
- Certification from the Society of Human Resource Management or the HR Certification Institute (SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP, PHR or SPHR).
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment.
- Proficient in Spanish.
Comprehensive benefits package 60 days following date of hire (health insurance, paid time off, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please complete an application online by following this link: https://www.randallsisland.org/about-us/employment-opportunities?gnk=job&gni=8a7885a8655a8a0b01655d8d99880550&gns=Idealist
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.