2 Ridgedale Ave.
The successful candidate will deliver pedestrian and driver safety programs across a variety of audiences and assist in the coordination and outreach of the Street Smart pedestrian safety campaign, aimed at promoting positive travel behaviors and reducing crashes within targeted municipalities.
The candidate will be responsible for coordinating and delivering GDL and Share the Keys programs, senior pedestrian and driving safety presentations, driver’s education presentations, and lunch and learn workshops. The Safety Program Specialist will report to the Project Manager.
- Coordinate and deliver pedestrian and driver safety programs for teens, parents, seniors and other groups
- Represent TransOptions on and participate in the New Jersey Teen Safe Driving Coalition
- Conduct outreach to partners and local business community in the TransOptions service area
- Distribute Street Smart campaign materials
- Assist in data collection for surveys and naturalistic observations
- Coordinate and attend campaign-related events
- Assist in other activities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- Excellent communications, public speaking and outreach skills with ability to engage with diverse populations
- Passion to make a positive impact in the community
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as necessary
- Access to a personal vehicle with a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of New Jersey’s pedestrian and driving safety laws
- Experience working with a grassroots public outreach campaign
- Familiarity with graphic design programs, experience with Adobe Illustrator a plus
Benefits include full health, eye and dental insurance coverage, 403B retirement plan with employer match, flexible work hours plus paid vacation and personal time off.
Minimum Education Required