Case Manager - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - PROJECT STREET BEAT – PSB FULL TIME
- Job posted by Planned Parenthood of New York City
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a Case Manager to join PPNYC’s Project Street Beat team. This Case Manager is based at Project Street Beat’s Brooklyn location at 1406 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, New York 11216.
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
- Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
- Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
- A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
- Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off
What the Case Manager does:
- Provides basic case management, advocacy, risk reduction education and counseling, and emotional support to individuals engaging in or at risk of engaging in sexual and substance use behaviors, including prostitution, intravenous drug use and other behaviors, that increase their risk for HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and unintended pregnancy
- Performs outreach; determine clients’ eligibility for case management and other PSB services
- Provides and documents ongoing case management services including risk reduction counseling regarding sexual and substance use, linkages to medical, social and supportive services, follow-up and reengagement efforts, escorts and home visits, when necessary
- Establishes informal/formal linkages with service providers delivering necessary services to our target population
- Arranges for health services for clients either through the Program's mobile medical unit, PPNYC Health Centers or other medical service providers
- Facilitates and documents support groups and group-level interventions; maintains current files on all individual and group services provided
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
- At least 3 years of experience in providing case management services to individuals dealing with a variety of socio-economic issues
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural differences and issues related to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English (preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Click Here to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.