Details: Salary based on FTE (full-time equivalent)
3022 International Boulevard
Part-time, Non-Exempt Position
Causa Justa :: Just Cause [CJJC] builds grassroots power and leadership to create strong, equitable communities. Born from a visionary merger between Black organizations and a Latinx immigrant organizations, we build bridges of solidarity between working class communities of color. Through rights-based services, policy campaigns, civic engagement and direct action, we strengthen housing and immigrant rights throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. CJJC contributes to building the larger multi-racial, multi-generational movement needed for fundamental change by leading alliances at the local, regional and national levels.
CJJC is hiring for the position of Finance Associate. This is a non-exempt position of 75% FTE or 30 hours per week. The Finance Associate helps build institutional stability, health and efficiency through management of the organization’s government grants and day-to-day financial duties. This position is based in Oakland; with frequent travel to our San Francisco offices. The Finance Associate works as part of the Administration Team, which includes Administration Lead, Operations Coordinator, Technology Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator and Administration Director. The Finance Associate is supervised by the Development Director.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Income Processing
- Reconciliation of credit card expenses
Leads government contract invoicing process
- Process monthly government invoices
- Manage Paper and Digital Filing Systems for government contracts
- Maintain schedule of government invoice deadlines and work with Finance Director to complete invoices within deadlines
- Work with Finance and Development Directors to finalize contract budgets for each new cycle, and to complete contract budget revisions as needed
- Survey government contracts on a quarterly basis to maintain on track with spending and invoicing
Miscellaneous Organizational Support
- Active and regular participation and contributions to political education and leadership development spaces
- Participates in work to maintain clean and accessible shared office spaces
- Manage weekly work plan and regular internal & external communications
- Cooperate with Admin Team with planning and execution of logistics for some organizational activities, including retreats and trainings
CJJC expects and encourages all staff to support our core work of grassroots community organizing. This includes supporting community members' activities, supporting meeting and event logistics, and participating in voter education and grassroots fundraising.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 Years Experience supporting financial management in social justice organizations
- Experience, expertise, and skills in organizational finance work, including invoicing for government grants
- Proficiency with computer operations and programs, including Google Suites, Excel, Word and databases on both Apple and PC computers
- Proficiency in math skills
- Alignment with CJJC mission, vision and model
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical Skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish a plus;
- The salary range is between $45,000-$52,000.
- Generous benefits package including vacation, PTO, holidays, full medical, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account and HRA.
- Position is open immediately. Deadline for application is November 15th, 2018, or until filled.
- People of color, immigrants, women, trans* and queer people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter, including why you are motivated to join staff at Causa Justa::Just Cause, here (https://cjjc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=12).
Generous benefits package including vacation, PTO, holidays, full medical, dental, vision, LTD, Life, STD, Flexible Spending Account and HRA.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficiency or fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
Minimum Education Required