American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Program Specialist to coordinate activities for the Committees on Ethics, Adolescent Healthcare, and Gynecologic Practice, Clinical Document Review Panel and on related gynecologic-focused activities, projects and Task Forces under supervision of the Director.
- Provide operational and program support to the Director of Clinical Practice/Gynecology and Adolescent Healthcare, Director of Ethics/Practice Bulletins-Gynecology, Presidential Task Force/Projects Manager, and related committees, task forces and work groups in the Gynecology Department.
- Provide project administrative support for meetings, including meeting planning and logistics, in coordination with Meetings staff. Assemble, finalize and distribute agenda materials and develop and distribute related minutes, reports and updates. Coordinate committee meeting dinners and serve as staff point-of-contact during dinners. Provide logistical and administrative support during meetings, and process travel expenses for committee members after meetings.
- Coordinate committee document development, including tracking manuscript development and notifying authors of upcoming deadlines. Prepare and distribute committee documents for review, and compile reviewer comments; coordinate Clinical Document Review Panel, and Executive Board e-mail review of final manuscripts; gather and compile review responses.
- Develop working knowledge of the College's resources and guidelines. Retrieve articles from online databases such as PubMed; coordinate with the Resource Center. For manuscript publication, coordinate reference citation verification and permissions, number references, coordinate abstract development with Editors, format manuscripts, prepare submission form and distribute final manuscript.
- Coordinate external liaison activities including tracking assignments, requesting reports, providing logistical information, and processing reimbursement. Provide operational support for grants, task forces and other special projects.
- Maintain scheduling for Clinical Document Review-Obstetrics and Clinical Document Review-Gynecology Panels review of documents; coordinate timing with committee staff to ensure manageable workflow for Panels. Provide administrative support for the Panels including maintenance of rosters, distribution of orientation materials.
- Provide committee-related operational support, including: maintain record of budget expenditures and process bills and monthly honoraria requests. Update document database monthly for related committee and task force documents, and provide responses to monthly information requests for published materials. Draft requested reports for Executive Board meetings and other liaison activities.
Minimum Education Required