Details: Competitive Salary
One Warm Coat is a national non-profit organization that works to provide a free, warm coat to any person in need. One Warm Coat supports individuals, groups, companies and organizations across the country by providing the tools and resources needed to hold a successful coat drive. Coats are distributed in the communities where they were collected, to children and adults in need, without charge, discrimination or obligation. Since One Warm Coat’s inception in 1992, we have worked with our volunteers to host more than 27,000 coat drives and have given away more than 5 million coats.
The President serves as the leader of the organization and its primary public representative, reporting to the board of directors. The President works in partnership with the board to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and to create strategies that ensure its future success.
- Collaborates with the board to define and articulate the organization’s vision and to develop strategies for achieving that vision
- Creates annual operating plans that support strategic direction set by the board and correlate with annual operating budgets; submits annual plans to the board for approval
- Develops and monitors strategies for ensuring the long-term financial viability of the organization
- Develops future leadership within the organization
- Oversees the operations of organization and manages its compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Creates and maintains procedures for implementing plans approved by the board of directors
- Promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values, encourages good performance, and rewards productivity
- Manages the human resources of the organization according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Ensures that staff and board have sufficient and up-to-date information
- Evaluates the organization’s and the staff’s performance on a regular basis
- Oversees staff in developing annual budgets that support operating plans and submits budgets for board approval
- Prudently manages the organization's resources within budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Ensures that staff practices all appropriate accounting procedures in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Provides prompt, thorough, and accurate information to keep the board appropriately informed of the organization’s financial position
- Evaluate and execute fund development opportunities which may include: cause marketing initiatives, corporate sponsorships, contributions from individuals or corporations, foundation grants
- Lead and manage direct marketing, public relations, advertising, online marketing and event marketing services.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson and representative for the organization
- Assures that the organization and its mission, programs, and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Actively advocates for the organization, its beliefs, and its programmatic efforts
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and the community, building relationships with peer organizations when appropriate
- Oversees design, delivery, and quality of programs and services
- Stays abreast of current trends related to the organization’s products and services and anticipates future trends likely to have an impact on its work
- Collects and analyzes evaluation information that measures the success of the organization’s program efforts; refines or changes programs in response to that information
Board Support and Leadership:
- Serves as an ex-officio member of the organization’s board of directors and all board committees
- Supports operations and administration of the board by advising and informing board members and interfacing between board and staff
- Advises the board in the development of policies and planning recommendations
- Assists in the selection and evaluation of board members and board leadership
- Makes recommendations and supports the board during orientation and self-evaluation
- Supports and participates in the board's evaluation of the President
Location - Ours is a virtual organization and therefore we are open to considering candidates in any location within the United States, ideally with proximity to a major airport.
Travel maybe required up to approximately 10% of the time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested potential candidates encouraged to apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Position will remain open until filled. Please include salary expectations and a recent resume/CV in your application. All prospective candidates will be reviewed and those candidates selected for screening will be contacted by a member of our Recruitment Committee.