Details: Salary will be commensurate with experience.
1711 Connecticut Avenue, NW
A non-profit established in 1998, The Cultural Landscape Foundation® (TCLF) connects people to places. TCLF educates and engages the public to make our shared landscape heritage more visible, identify its value, and empower its stewards. TCLF achieves this mission through the ongoing development of its three core programs:
- What’s Out There®, North America’s largest and most exhaustive database of cultural landscapes;
- Pioneers of American Landscape Design®, an in-depth multimedia library, inclusive of video oral histories, chronicling the lives of significant landscape architects and educators;
- Landslide®, an ongoing collection of important landscapes and landscape features that are threatened and at-risk.
TCLF is headquartered in light-filled offices in the heart of Washington, D.C.’s Dupont Circle neighborhood. If you thrive when given a diverse set of tasks, please get in touch! Check us out at www.tclf.org.
Scope and Impact:
Working from the foundation’s offices in Washington, D.C., the successful candidate will support TCLF's various programs, including What's Out There®, Landslide®, and Pioneers of American Landscape Design®. Specific tasks include writing texts, conducting research, website content management, basic graphic design and photo editing, and event planning. Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and a strong interest in all aspects of the history, theory, and practice of landscape architecture are essential.
- Writing historical and biographical essays
- Researching topics related to landscape history, using printed and online sources
- Maintaining and managing website content, both textual and graphic
- Other duties as assigned
Preparation and Knowledge:
- An educational background in landscape architecture, historic preservation, or an allied field
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- The ability to cull information from a variety of texts and sources
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Skills in posting to social media and managing website content (specifics to be taught on the job)
- Excellent attention to detail
TCLF offers an attractive benefits package with health, Rx, vision, and dental plans; paid leave and holidays; and a Matching-Simple IRA retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A cover letter, resume, and writing sample (e.g., a relatively brief paper or essay about a designed landscape or landscape architect) are required. Please send application materials as PDF attachments using the subject line “Project Associate – Your Name”, to email@example.com.
TCLF is an Equal Opportunity employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse staff. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other categories protected by law.