3803 N. Fairfax Dr.
What started as a small group of families gathered around a kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of more than 800 local affiliates, state organizations and a national office who work in communities across the United States to raise awareness and provide support and education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we do not rest until we remedy injustices and intervene early to prevent needless loss of quality of life. In addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We currently have an opening for an IT Support Specialist, who will provide provide computer, application, and NAMI program services support to NAMI staff. The Technical Assistant Specialist is also responsible for troubleshooting and resolving computer hardware and software issues. This position handles new employee setup for computers and email accounts and responding timely to support requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- User account management using Active Directory and Office 365.
- Setting up computers, installing/updating software, and connecting printers.
- Maintain backup tapes and review backup jobs.
- Troubleshoot computer performance, software, hardware, and other issues.
- Provide data entry support for SharePoint, NetForum, Salesforce, Zendesk and other database systems.
- Assist with development and data service projects.
- Perform a variety of internet research projects.
- Handle special administrative projects and support overflow work from other teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent training and 1 year of related experience.
- Advanced computer skills with Windows Operating System, Active Directory, and with software applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and MS Outlook.
- Experience installing hardware and software for personal or business computing needs.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills, be responsive, patient, and enjoy educating others.
- Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in a professional, effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and respond to the competing needs of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
This position is based in Arlington, VA.
Must pass background check.
Minimum Education Required