255 South Marion Street
Under the direction of the Director of Member Engagement & Services, the Member Engagement Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operations of the department and implementation of strategies that delivers a high quality member experience. This includes providing leadership to staff as well as supporting the development of procedures necessary to meet department goals.
1. Implements membership strategies that promote recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Organizes assigned staff to support membership development and retention goals. Identifies and resolves problem areas to ensure member satisfaction.
2. Implements retention strategies to prospects, new members, and terminated members in order help YMCA meet goals.
3. Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
4. Ensures proper implementation of all front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
5. Provides ongoing support with Program Directors on related issues through Daxko management.
6. Prepares monthly schedule and completes payroll for Member Engagement Department.
7. Maintains high level or communication with organizational leaders.
8. All other duties assigned by the Director of Member Engagement & Services.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Previous supervisory and customer service experience
3. Exceptional inter-personal and time management skills.
4. Able to create an environment that is welcoming to all.
1. Able to work in excess of 40 hours a week, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
2. Able to walk, stand, and sit alertly for extended periods of time.
3. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
4. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
5. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
Minimum Education Required