1220 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
SUMMARY: The Social Media Coordinator plays a critical role in optimizing American Forests' social media channels to cultivate a larger, more engaged audience, increase support from online platforms, and strengthen American Forests' brand visibility. They also assist with the development and execution of marketing campaigns that promote the organization's corporate partnerships.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Strong creative thinker and proactive problem solver
· Collaborative team player
· Good editing and proofreading skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Social media management and analytics systems (e.g., Hootsuite)
· Adobe Creative Suite experience (notably Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere) is strongly preferred.
REQUISITE EDUCATION OR CERTIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree is required. A focus in marketing or communications is preferred.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Applicants should have 1-2 years of experience in social media management and marketing strategies, ideally for a nonprofit organization. The ability to manage multiple initiatives and projects, juggle competing priorities and work effectively within teams is essential.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The majority of work is performed in a general office environment, with occasional opportunities to travel. American Forests is located in downtown Washington, D.C., within walking distance of Metro stations on all lines, multiple bus lines, and Capital Bikeshare.
- Social Media Management
- Manage and execute all duties related to American Forests’ various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube. This includes ideation, content creation, scheduling and reporting.
- Manage budget for paid social media/advertising within Communications and across the organization on a variety of projects.
- Develop and distribute social media content for American Forests’ special project digital properties, Vibrant Cities Lab (www.vibrantcitieslab.com) and the Forest-Climate Working Group (www.forestclimateworkinggroup.com).
- Corporate Partnerships
- Working with the VP of Communications and Director of Communications, create and execute social media marketing campaigns related to our programmatic work and/or corporate partnerships that grow our audiences and strengthen brand awareness.
- Act as key contact with corporate partners in support of their social media and marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate quarterly social media content updates for corporate partners.
- Record and report on metrics for corporate partner-related posts.
- Images & Graphics
- Research, compile and edit the organization’s photo library.
- Create graphics for social media posts.
- Coordinate with communications interns on projects and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required