The Communications Manager works with various ministry partners and other clients to define and execute communications projects that further Trinity Church Wall Street’s mission. The Communications Manager assesses and responds to ministry partners’ needs by working collaboratively to design promotional and other projects that support the partner’s goals. The Communications Manager is responsible for leading projects from definition to completion, working with colleagues across the Communications & Marketing team, including Creative Services and Media Production and Operations. Program components may include print, copywriting, web, social media, video, audio, events, marketing, and advertising. A strong writing background, both promotional and journalistic, is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write clearly, effectively, and accurately across a wide variety of platforms, often under deadline.
- Convene appropriate meetings with clients and members of the Communications & Marketing team as necessary to determine the scope of a project, and its goals, deliverables, and learnings.
- Regularly monitor and report on project progress to all parties involved.
- Update the website with newly-created content.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Church Wall Street policies, procedures, and rules.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage projects from conception to completion
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to be flexible amid changing priorities or deadlines
- Understanding of communications, promotion, project management and marketing support
- Ability to use influencer skills to form effective relationships with a wide variety of partners, including senior management, clients, and other departments
- Familiarity with project management systems/content management systems is a plus
Required Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- Bachelors degree required
- 3-5 years of experience leading and developing communications initiatives that successfully meet clients’ objectives
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
Trinity Church Wall Street offers competitive wages, and eligible team members receive a rich collection of benefits, programs, and perks including:
- Excellent group health coverage with Trinity-paid premiums
- Life insurance and Trinity-paid short- and long-term disability coverage
- A retirement savings plan with institution match after 3 months of employment
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee events, wellness programs, professional development, and training opportunities
- Undergraduate tuition assistance
- Summer flex schedule (in some departments)
- Employee discounts and NYC attraction passes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply for Communications Manager using the link below: