The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 50-year nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1,000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives.
ICC seeks a Director of Programs, with a deep commitment to social justice, racial equity, and a demonstrated capacity to deepen the impact and effectiveness of our programs to support our community. They will work to ensure that our programs embody our values and principles of anti-racism and deep inclusion. ICC programs focus in the following areas: Youth Development, Family Services and Adult Education and Financial Empowerment. They will be responsible for working directly with program leadership to coach and develop them in meeting program goals, developing their programs and mentoring staff, in particular as it pertains to social justice application in program work. They will develop and implement program infrastructure, such as data systems and performance management systems. The Director of Programs will also work with ICC leadership to develop and implement new programs and initiatives over time. The Director will develop programs to have a deeply transformative impact on community.
● Work with Leadership Team and Program Managers to develop vision for programs, with a focus on social justice, racial equity, and empowerment.
● Develop and coach program leadership, to deepen level of program impact.
● Integrate Programs to work across the organization.
● Mentor and develop program leadership, ensuring functional areas continue to be led by strong mission aligned values, embodying social and racial justice.
● Oversee ICC’s programs, including Youth Programs (After-School Program, Summer Youth Programs, Family Friendly Center); Family Support Programs (Family Success Center, Breaking The Cycle Program and Immigration Justice), and Adult and Education and Empowerment Programs (Financial Opportunity Center, VITA, Adult Learning).
● Supervise Program Directors/Managers, working with them to ensure they meet program goals and deliverables.
● Responsible for contract renewals and contract monitoring and management.
● Work with program leadership to develop annual program goals and plans.
● Facilitate program reviews and conduct audits of programs to ensure they are meeting goals.
● Works with program leadership to ensure timely and accurate reporting to funders.
● Mentor program leaders to develop their teams.
● Work to develop the infrastructure of programs, including data systems and performance management.
● Work with ED to represent programs with funders and external stakeholders.
● Assess community needs and potential for program expansion.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Alignment with ICC’s mission and values. Passion for social justice and lifting marginalized communities.
● A bachelor’s degree or higher and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in programs.
● Effective communicator.
● Track record for developing/improving programs with demonstrated results.
● Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
● Ability to coach and develop staff.
● Embrace working with people of different racial and ethnic backgrounds.
● Works collaboratively with others and able to work as part of a team, both as leader and team member.
● Experience managing relationships with external stakeholders, such as funders.
● Results-oriented, self-starter, problem solver.
● Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
ICC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range and diversity of our community. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and people from low-income and working class backgrounds to apply.
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line “Director of Programs”
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) is a 50-year nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and…