<img src="https://yearup.csod.com/clientimg/yearup/logo/Logo1_b83bc4cb-f7dd-4271-be37-ac91ff1eb156.gif" alt=""/>
Title: Admissions Coordinator TEMP (Phoenix, AZ)
Office: PTC Phoenix
Location: PTC Phoenix
Career Stage: Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
The Admissions Coordinator TEMP (Phoenix, AZ) reports directly to the Site Director and will provide key administrative and logistical support for the evaluation and selection of a class of qualified students for the Year Up program every six months. The Admissions Coordinator TEMP (Phoenix, AZ) will work closely with prospective students, assisting the Admissions team in assessing their readiness, tracking and documenting interest forms and applications, scheduling interviews, and corresponding with applicants throughout the process.This is a temporary 1-year contract position.
To be successful in this role you will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as you utilize strong communication and customer service skills to engage potential students throughout the application process. Given that you'll be working with prospective students on a regular basis, you'll be comfortable building and maintaining relationships, and will have stellar written and verbal communication skills. In addition, strong attention to detail and organizational systems are key to success in this position.
The Admissions Coordinator TEMP (Phoenix, AZ) will also have the opportunity to interact with students as a mentor, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in creating and sustaining a positive educational environment.
We understand that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We encourage candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications below. If you believe you have the transferable skills necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role, we encourage you to apply.
- Handle phone inquiries, admissions visitors
- Follow up on student inquiries via phone or email to provide more information and schedule visits to Year Up (50-60 calls per week)
- Coordinate admissions events, including scheduling applicants to attend, making reminder phone calls, managing the applicants' documents and scheduling applicants for individual interviews
- Work with admitted students and alumni to complete the community college enrollment and FAFSA submission process
- Coordinate data collection and file management with Admissions and Recruitment team
- Maintain and regularly update Salesforce.com database with contact information and documentation
- Facilitate collaboration across functional teams, particularly with Development, Program and Academic teams
- Produce regular reports in Salesforce.com to track, document, and measure community outreach progress
- Participate in the coordination of events for prospective students
- Provide support for special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students
- Join and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students
- Participate in staff meetings and trainings
- No previous work experience required, demonstrated success in an administrative or student-facing role is a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, dynamic, complex or entrepreneurial environment is a plus
- Proven track record of initiating, cultivating, and managing relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to engage in conversations (both in person and via telephone) with prospective applicants, referral resources, and other external audiences
- Professional and positive customer service-driven approach
- Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A creative, resourceful, responsive style with a strong attention to detail and follow-through and the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and juggle multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word required; experience with PowerPoint, Outlook and database software preferred
- Experience using Salesforce.com is a plus
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
- Benefits: Competitive package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Vacation: Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year
- Professional development: Funds available to support staff in achieving career objectives
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization with a mission to close the Opportunity Divide by providing young adults ages 18-24 with the skills, experience, and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive program, Year Up utilizes a high support, high expectations model that combines hands-on technical and professional skills, educational stipends, college-level coursework, and corporate internships at more than 250 top companies. Its holistic approach focuses on students' professional and personal development to place talented and motivated young adults on a viable path to economic self-sufficiency.
Year Up has served more than 19,500 young adults since its founding in 2000, and will serve more than 4,000 young adults in 2018 nationwide. Year Up currently serves 21 U.S. cities across 16 markets, including Arizona, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Greater Atlanta, Greater Boston, Greater Philadelphia, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, the National Capital Region, New York City, Providence, Puget Sound, San Francisco Bay Area, South Florida, and Wilmington.
Voted one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For in the country by The NonProfit Times for eight consecutive years, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Year Up participates in E-Verify.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Year Up actively engages individuals from all backgrounds. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us to achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our young adults as we work to close the Opportunity Divide. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about our commitment to diversity:http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website.
Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. We respectfully request no phone calls.
Minimum Education Required