1310 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The eLearning Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise to assist teams in the area of developing new e-learning courses and revising eLearning courses. The individual supports projects internally and is responsible for tasks and assignments associated with the development of training. Responsibilities also include managing and updating AAUW’s selected learning management system (LMS) to ensure overall eLearning effectiveness. The individual works closely with subject matter experts, content developers, and organizational leaders to identify needs and prepare content.
- Maintains administrative governance over the organization’s learning management system (LMS);
- Creates and modify course configurations in the course catalog/new courses additions, assignment of roles, securities, and permissions, manages users and user/learning groups and course assignments, and monitors internal system notifications;
- Designs, develops, and implements eLearning courses (self-paced eLearning, ILT, and vILT) that align with the organization’s strategic plan and departmental priorities with the assistance of subject matter experts and instructional designers;
- Recommends and researches software, content creation, and interactive media;
- Creates and maintains databases to track participants, feedback, and technical issues;
- Coordinates and maintains e-learning offerings, marketing, and technical infrastructure;
- Maintains strong competencies related to instructional design and technology based learning;
- Prepares reports and analyzes LMS usage data, including monitoring and evaluating course or program effectiveness;
- Provides appropriate LMS training for the organization and program team(s);
- Provides support and/or leadership to assigned projects;
- Actively participates in collaborative meetings with teams and other key stakeholders to support the day-to-day operational requirements for courseware;
- Collaborates with management on project planning and instructional materials;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required with coursework in education, information technology, graphic design, instructional media or related fields;
· Advanced degree in Instructional Design, Education, Digital Multimedia Design or related discipline is a plus;
· Minimum 3+ years of experience in a professional environment, preferably in learning design and delivery, consulting, client services, or program management;
· Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching, and instruction for individuals, groups and the measurement of training effects;
· Experience administering an LMS such as Docebo.
Minimum Education Required