1436 U St., NW, Suite 301
Catholics for Choice is seeking a senior-level professional to join our domestic program. This is an opportunity to help shape, contribute and deliver a highly successful, fast-paced nonprofit advocacy program while being part of a close-knit staff of passionate individuals who share a commitment to reproductive choice, social justice and religious liberty for all.
The States Program Manager will work with a team of colleagues to:
· Engage prochoice Catholics—both voters and elected officials—in critical policy debates on women’s health, reproductive rights and religious liberty concerns;
· Marshal Catholic state policymakers around their support for women’s autonomy in reproductive health decisions;
· Strategically represent CFC in state legislative fights on reproductive rights and religious freedom issues; and
· Foster and maintain our relationships with advocates, colleagues and partners across the United States.
If you are committed to advancing abortion rights and access across the United States, if you thrive on relationship building across multiple sectors, if mobilizing Catholics, secular partners and other faith constituencies toward concrete policy change gets your blood pumping, if you are especially fond of the curious charm that is a state capital, then this position may be the perfect fit.
The ideal candidate will have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years increasing responsibility advocating for reproductive health, rights and justice or other progressive policy issue(s). All candidates should possess excellent organizational and time-management skills; exercise exceptional judgment; show ability to think strategically in furtherance of organizational goals and a facility working as a team player who demonstrates impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
An unwavering support for a woman’s right to choose is a must. General knowledge of Catholicism and professional experience working in a state legislative office, with a state-based, progressive policy organization or in progressive issues campaigns are preferred. The position is based in Washington, DC, will include regular domestic travel and require public speaking to a variety of audiences.
- Because, like us, you want to shape and advance sexual and reproductive ethics that are based on justice, reflect a commitment to women’s well-being, and respect and affirm the capacity of women and men to make moral decisions about their lives.
- Because you want to be part of a group of hardworking professionals based in DC who make real change happen all around the world.
- Because CFC provides exceptional employee benefits, including competitive salaries, medical and dental insurance, generous paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution, commuter benefits and more.
Employment decisions at Catholics for Choice are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Catholics for Choice does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Domestic Program Manager” in the subject line. PDF format is preferred. Applicants who do not demonstrate knowledge of Catholics for Choice’s work will not be considered.