1145 17th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Multimedia Designer in the Marketing and Brand department will work as part of a team in a collaborative, open-office environment to produce branded collateral, corporate identities, and other marketing materials that express our brand excellence, communicates our mission, builds enthusiasm for the brand, and compels people to act. Work within brand standards and bring a sense of curiosity and innovation to the workplace. Develop new design solutions quickly from concept to completion for video, print and digital marketing campaigns under the direction of the Art Director and supervision from the Creative Director. Should communicate effectively with key marketing/communication partners, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and budgets, pay close attention to detail, be up-to-date in design, email, and web trends, and possess skills in email coding, file preparation, and pre-press techniques.
- Develop and execute innovative creative solutions, concepts, designs, and production of print marketing materials. (50%)
- Design and code digital marketing materials such as emails, templates, website designs and web banners. (35%)
- Communicate closely and clearly with creative supervisors, operation manager, and NG partners about projects to ensure all projects are delivered on time and on budget. (10%)
- Generate new ideas and solutions for organizational design and brand challenges. (5%)
Minimum Education Required
BA in Graphic Design or relevant degree.
Minimum Years and Type of Experience
5 years of working on multi-platform digital and print project at an in-house agency, ad agency or design firm.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be proficient in the Adobe Design Products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver). Must be fluent in HTML5, CSS and be knowledgeable about web design, responsive design and email design. Must be knowledgeable of the print design and production process. Knowledge of After Effects and video editing software a plus.
- Must collaborate and communicate effectively (oral and written), manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and budgets, pay close attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in email coding, file preparation, and pre-press techniques.
National Geographic's headquarters is located in the heart of Washington, D.C. In addition to a unique and dynamic work environment, National Geographic offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental benefits, generous vacation and leave time, a 401(k) plan, and flexible work options. National Geographic is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit our career page https://www.nationalgeographic.org/careers