Research and Operations Associate

Job Type

Full Time

Salary

Details: Commensurate with Experience

Published

09/11/2018

Start Date

09/24/2018

Application Deadline

09/24/2018

Address

San Francisco
CA
United States

Description

About OnlineSOS

OnlineSOS is a nonprofit organization that helps people experiencing online harassment. We’re looking for a dynamic, mission-driven Research and Operations Associate who has the skills, talent, and passion to help us help others take back their lives in the face of online abuse.


As our Research and Operations Associate, you’ll work closely with our CEO, and play a major role in supporting our projects, events, and day-to-day operations. As a team member who’s hungry to learn and challenge themselves, you’ll also get new responsibilities and lots of opportunities to develop professionally and personally.


We want to invest our time and resources into your growth--and we want you to grow with us! In this role, you’ll have the chance to take on a variety of exciting projects, and work into new roles (including Program and Project Management). This could be the opportunity you’ve been seeking to be part of something big. Join our team and be part of the journey to empower people to speak freely and live confidently--on and offline.


A few other things you should know: The position is based in our San Francisco office. We’d love it if you could do some limited travel for events, but it’s not required. We’d prefer some work experience in the tech and/or nonprofit sector, but highly skilled recent graduates should apply too!


Main Responsibilities

In this cross-functional role, you’ll be the point person for many tasks that are critical to our organization’s operation. Your main responsibilities will include:


  • Conduct background research and analysis for internal projects
  • Track metrics and communication in order to provide project status updates
  • Support with reporting and identify opportunities for streamlining internal processes
  • Plan events and coordinate travel
  • Help organize our physical/digital infrastructure
  • Manage communication and calendaring
  • Assist with other projects as needed


About 40% of your role will involve administrative and operations tasks, while the other 60% will include research, analysis and project management.


Who We’re Looking For

Our ideal Research and Operations Associate is someone with the following qualities:


  • A self-starter who isn’t afraid to take risks
  • Highly organized with extreme attention to detail
  • Mission-driven
  • Resourceful and forward thinking
  • Numbers-driven (strong quantitative skills are a must!)
  • Strong communication and time management skills
  • Eager for coaching and growth
  • Strong sense of urgency and ownership
  • Interpersonal skills


Helpful Skills and Experience Include:

  • Research and project management background
  • Tech proficiency at basic suites (Google Drive & Suite, Microsoft Office)
  • Experience working in a fast-paced, rapidly scaling work environment such as political campaigns, early-stage and tech companies, and tech nonprofits
  • Experience wearing multiple hats and taking on new roles within an organization
  • Basic knowledge of Asana and Slack

Benefits

  • At OnlineSOS, you’ll be part of a mission-driven team that focuses on well-being, work-life balance, and celebrating each member’s achievements and growth. Basically, we like to work hard for our cause, but we have fun too!
  • We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a team that brings diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas to the table. We’re not afraid to disagree respectfully, or to challenge each other and ourselves to be the best team members and professionals we can be.
  • Our new Research and Operations Associate will be paid commensurate with experience, with opportunities for professional development and pay increases throughout their time with us.

Professional Level

Professional

Minimum Education Required

4-year degree

How To Apply

http://onlinesos.org

Please submit a cover letter and resume for the position via our jobs board.


Share:

Share: