The Safe Horizon Research & Evaluation (R&E) Team is committed to partnering with communities to understand the impact of our collective work and sharing lessons learned with stakeholders in the field, including community-based responders, practitioners, researchers and policy makers. We have a long history of collaborating with various civil, government and academic institutions in developing and piloting innovative solutions to support survivors and their families move from crisis to confidence.
Through the development of program practices, quality assurance protocols, documentation review, program observations, client and staff interviews, data analysis, and report writing, Research & Evaluation supports program leadership in broadening their understanding of the strengths and areas for growth of Safe Horizon’s services and programs. The Research & Evaluation Associate is responsible for designing and carrying out evaluation and research projects in collaboration with Safe Horizon’s wide array of victims service programs to contribute to Safe Horizon’s thought leadership in the field and meet funding deliverables. The Associate also provides programs with thought partnership, strategies and tools to support the implementation of standardized practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Research & Evaluation team developing, managing, and conducting research and program evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with program leadership and staff in the development and implementation of evaluation and research projects.
- Collaborate with program leadership on QI activities.
- Engage clients, staff, and other stakeholders in the community for purposes of research and evaluation.
- Support IT and program leadership in the development and implementation of Safe Horizon’s client information database and reporting.
- Conduct analyses of large data sets containing confidential information.
- Set and maintain project timelines in coordination across R & E team and agency.
- Develop reports and presentations of research updates and findings; prepare user friendly tables, figures, and charts.
- Conduct routine site visits in service of process evaluation with up to 10% of time working on weekends or evenings and up to 40% of time working in the field.
- Provide support to development team in grant writing.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, community empowerment, and anti-racism.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a rapidly changing and diverse environment.
- Willingness to self-reflect and have an openness to feedback.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to maintain timelines.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and priorities in a team-based environment.
- Ability to build partnerships respectful of a community’s own knowledge, expertise, and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to engage effectively with diverse personalities.
- Ability to visualize data translating complex ideas into easy-to-understand products.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research design and analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word and PowerPoint; experience using Excel and Outlook. Facility with statistical software packages (SPSS and NVivo preferred).
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, public administration, social work, or education required and at least 2 years post undergraduate experience working directly with public in victim assistance, public health, social service, education, or another related field or;
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience conducting quality assurance, program evaluation, research or data analysis in victim assistance, public health, social service, education, or another related field and 2 years of experience working directly with public in victim assistance, public health, social service, education, or another related field.
- Willingness to travel within all New York City boroughs.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required